News By Tag
News By Place
Oil and Gas Development Baseline Water Quality Testing - An Industry Perspective in Pennsylvania
Baseline Testing of Private Water Wells in the Marcellus Shale Region - "Getting the Waters Tested" The Marcellus Shale Factor . What is the Real Quality of Pennsylvania's Water?
This course will cover:
1. Baseline Groundwater Quality in Pennsylvania
2. Issues Related to Private Wells
3. Background Levels of Methane Gas and elevated levels of bacteria, iron, manganese, arsenic, lead, phthalates, bromide, strontium, barium, and contamination associated with saline water.
4. Conceptual pathways for natural methane gas migration and saline water migration.
and much more.
5. How to Educate and Inform the Public.
6. The Need to Use Baseline Data to Make Decisions about a Project, Project Risk, and Vulnerability Analysis.
7. Working as a Community.
This course is an opportunity to discuss how best to work with the private well owners and gain their perspective and understanding. This 3 hour workshop (3 PDH) is a presentation and conversation to help you make good decisions and work with the Community. The couse will be held on March 9, 2012 from 9:00 am to 12:00.
The course is taught by Mr. Brian Oram, Professional Geologist and Soil Scientist with B.F. Environmental Consultants and this course is taught through the Wilkes University continuing education program.
For more details, contact Mr. Brian Oram at email@example.com or visit our webportal http://www.bfenvironmental.com/
Mr. Oram also provides continuing education programs in the areas of baseline testing, citizen and private well owner outreach, stormwater management, and land-based wastewater management, plus other distance learning programs.
# # #
A family owned business based in Northeastern Pennsylvania and providing professional geological soils hydrogeological environmental consulting services since 1985.