News By Tag
* Mapinfo Professional
* GIS analysis
* Spatial Technologies Ltd
* RIMA Foundation
* Zenith Bank
* Gis Training
* More Tags...
News By Location
STL Introduces "Unlocking the Power & Secrets of MapInfo Professional" Advanced GIS Course in Lagos
The "Unlocking the power and secrets of MapInfo Professional" course is part of Spatial Technologies Ltd’s commitment to providing quality hands-on MapInfo Professional and advance GIS training to the emerging Nigerian GI industry.
STL will provide the following map data for the training.
1. Zenith Bank Branches (Zenith_branches.TAB)
2. UBA Branches (UBA_branches.TAB)
3. GTB Branches (GTB_branches.TAB)
4. First Bank Branches (Firstbank_branches.TAB)
5. Oceanic Bank Branches (Oceanic_branches.TAB)
6. Intercontinental Bank (Intercontinental_
POINTS OF INTEREST (POI)
1. Markets Locations (Market.TAB)
2. Restaurants Locations (Restaurant.TAB)
3. Schools Locations (School.TAB)
4. Shopping Mall Locations (ShoppingMall.TAB)
5. MTN Dealer location data across Lagos (MTN_Dealers.TAB)
6. Globacom Dealer location data across Lagos (Globacom_
OTHER MAP LAYERS
1. Lagos Street map (Lagos_Road.TAB)
2. Lagos Landuse Map(Lagos_Landuse.TAB)
3. Lagos LGA with Demographic details (LagosLGA_Census.TAB)
4. Lagos Towns (Lagos_Suburb.TAB)
REQUIRED PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:: Each delegate is expected to have a good knowledge of database, simple SQL scripting and a working knowledge of MapInfo Prodessional software.
TARGET: MapInfo Professional is a powerful Microsoft Windows based mapping application that enables business analysts and GIS professionals to visualise the relationships between data and geography. At the end of this training, each delegate would know more about using MapInfo Professional to conduct market analysis, competitive analysis, Customer Management/Targeting. This course contains 2 practical workbooks to be undertaken by each delegate. The workbooks would greatly enhance the learning curve of each delegate
1. MARKET RESEARCH: MapInfo Professional allows you to analyze your market area. If you are a business strategist or a business decision maker, the future of your organization depends on the decisions you make today. The key to smart decisions is putting accurate, relevant business to business market research and business data into the right business context. The application of GIS in Nigerian businesses has grown rapidly in the recent years. This training would help the delegates identify the critical success factors that can be focused on to improve the performance of the worst performing sales outlets using the power of geography for a typical business
WORKBOOK 1: This section of the training will use the geographic spread of Zenith Bank branches as a case study. Each delegate should be able to undertake a practical geographic analysis that would investigate the existence of a correlation between the geographic sites of grocery market venues and the location of Zenith Bank branches across Lagos.
(STL will provide the geographic location of existing Zenith Bank branches and of grocery market venues across Lagos for this project)
2. COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS: Understanding how competing brands position themselves can allow retailers to learn from their mistakes and successes, and act in a distinctive and powerful way. More importantly by understanding where the competitors are located can provide a powerful tool to stay ahead of the competition. This course will therefore assist delegates to explore what a competitive and geographic analysis of typical business markets should include to assist businesses position themselves better.
WORKBOOK 2: The Nigerian telecom industry is one of the most competitive industries in Africa. Operators use a network of sales and product Business-to-
(STL will provide the geographic location of available MTN and Globacom exclusive dealers gathered from an extensive field geo-market research project conducted by STL in 2010 across Lagos for this analysis)
Specific skills required for the above analyses which would be covered in the training include the followings:
SQL SELECTION THROUGH QUERIES:
1. Whole textual entry in the data
2. Partial textual entry (wildcards)
3. Numeric values in the data
4.Length or area of a map object
5. More than one aspect concurrently
GIS ANALYSIS -THEMATIC MAPPING:
1. Shade areas
2. Size of points
3. Thickness of lines
4.Ttwo layers at once
5. Mini-charts to compare values
6. Redistricting for presentation
1. Creating new tables from scratch
2. Importing external data (Microsoft Excel & Access)
3. Creating new fields
4. Use of various field types
5. Table "packing"
6. Simple calculation from existing fields
1. Understanding spatial database management system
2. Creating ODBC from MapInfo to Oracle
3. Making a DBMS table map-able
4. Selection using SQL
MEALS & REFRESHMENTS : This course includes lunch as well as mid morning and afternoon refreshments for each day. We are happy to cater for vegetarians and those with other dietary requirements, providing we have advance notification.
OPENING HOURSE: 9:00am - 5:45pm on training days.
DDATE: February 3 & 4, 2012 (2days)
INTERNET ACCESS: Delegates can use the internet or check webmail on a dedicated machine in the Spatial Technologies Ltd reception area.
TRAINER : Our trainer will guide you through the functionality of MapInfo Professional;
ATTENDANCE COST: N15,000
ENQUIRY: GSM: 0802 392 4832, Email: email@example.com.
ABOUT Spatial Technologies Ltd
Spatial Technologies Ltd (STL) is a dynamic Information Technology company with special emphasis on map, GIS and Location based solutions. STL is registered in Nigeria with office in Surulere. STL has a select group of experienced GIS Professionals and other experts who share a common vision of providing high-quality customized service at a reasonable cost. Some STL clients include: UBA PLC, Airtel, ipNX, ICSL, Greenwich Consulting, Arcus GIBB, etc
STL is the proud winner of RIMA Foundation Award for its innovative GIS solutions in Nigeria. RIMA Foundation awards are given as recognition to organisations (public and private) that have demonstrated excellence in their chosen fields, designing and implementing products relating to Information Management, security and technology for the benefit of their profession and humanity.
# # #
Spatial Technologies Ltd (STL) is a dynamic Information Technology company with special emphasis on map, GIS and Location based solutions. STL is registered in Nigeria with offices in Lagos and UK.
Page Updated Last on: Dec 24, 2011