News By Tag
* Incredible Hulk #181
* Superman #11
* Flash Comics #105
* Fantastic Four #4
* More Tags...
News By Location
Gold and Silver Age Comic Books Cross the Block on Proxibid
Comic book collectors will hit the jackpot when they log on to bid in the upcoming Comic Book and Cereal Radio Premiums auction on Proxibid Sat. Nov. 5 at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST and Sun. Nov. 6 at 6 p.m. EST. at www.proxibid.com/backtothepast.
This auction features an amazing collection of comics, character premiums and original art pages, one-of-a-kind items and many milestone key comics issues, some rarely seen at auction. Many of the items are from a single owner who often found items that only surfaced once during his forty-year search. Collectors and enthusiasts from across the globe will not want to miss the opportunity to bid live online on featured items, including:
• Lot 418: Movie Comics #1 from 1939. All 6 issues of Movie Comics are offered in this auction. Very scarce, fewer than 50 copies of most of these issues still exist.
• Lot 433: Babe Ruth Club Ring. 1935 Premium ring based from the sports legend’s fan club.
• Lot 453: Shadow Blue Coal Ring. Rare 1941 early premium ring.
• Lot 461: 1971 Marvel Black-Light store promotional poster in mint condition. Most of these were tacked up on display and destroyed in stores.
• Lot 462: One of a kind production mold used in the making of the Captain Midnight Shake-Up Mug, produced in the late 40’s.
• Lot 465: Incredible Hulk #181. First appearance of Wolverine.
• Lot 466: Superman #11. Early golden age issue with iconic cover.
• Lot 467: Flash Comics #105. First issue in the silver age run of the classic DC character.
• Lot 473: 1930 Mickey Mouse book. First licensed Disney product incorporating Mickey Mouse in print.
• Lot 485: Fantastic Four #4. First silver age appearance of Namor Submariner. CGC 7.0 graded copy.
• Lot 502: Extremely rare Reform School Girls comic from 1951. Fewer than 20 un-restored copies known to exist of this book!
Says Andrew Cirinesi, BTTP Auctioneer, “Having been in the business of buying pop culture collectibles for over 30 years, I can say that this is one of the most amazing single-owner collections I’ve seen, comprising hundreds of cereal premiums from the 30’s 40’s and 50’s as well as an amazing collection of golden and silver age comic books. Much of this material can only be found in private collections and rarely makes to the auction block.”
Pre-bidding for this auction is already available by visiting http://www.proxibid.com/
Social Media Links
“Like” us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/
Follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/
Omaha-based Proxibid brings auctioneers and bidders together for a world-class online auction experience. Since 2002, the Company has worked with more than 2,500 auctioneers to bring more than 35,000 auctions to a global, online audience. With registered bidders from more than 190 countries, no other provider in the industry connects more buyers and sellers than Proxibid. The Company’s proprietary live Internet bidding service and Web site were developed by auctioneers and industry-leading professionals to provide our bidders with the most user-friendly and comprehensive online auction experience possible.
Proxibid’s customer service and support is unmatched in the industry. The company’s toll-free support center is open before, during and after every live auction, and is staffed with bi-lingual auction specialists who assist both bidders and auctioneers. For more information about Proxibid, please visit us online at http://www.proxibid.com.
# # #
Proxibid is the world's largest provider of live auction webcasting services. Proxibid’s live Internet bidding service provides our bidders with the most user-friendly and comprehensive live online auction experience possible.