News By Tag
* Content Lifecycle Management
* Enterprise Content Management
* Sharepoint Migration
* More Tags...
News By Place
Metalogix Simplifies the Migration of EMC Documentum Content to SharePoint
With a Simple Client Installation, Intuitive User Interface and Remote Server Connection Metalogix Solution Enables EMC Documentum Users to Easily Migrate Content to SharePoint
“Many organizations have valuable business content contained in their legacy Documentum content management system that they need to free from license restraints by migrating it into Microsoft SharePoint,”
The new Metalogix Migration Manager for SharePoint - Documentum Edition simplifies the process of migrating Documentum content to SharePoint, including SharePoint 2010. Documentum objects can be migrated at the item, folder or site level using a lightweight client application that connects to Documentum and SharePoint remotely through supported APIs. Metadata, user data and permissions can all be preserved and migrations are supported for SharePoint on-premises or SharePoint Online in the cloud.
Key benefits offered by Migration Manager for SharePoint – Documentum Edition include:
• Migration of Content, Versions and Metadata – In addition to the documents themselves, Migration Manager for SharePoint can map and migrate metadata and Documentum types to SharePoint content types and metadata columns. All migration operations are simple to define, fully batchable, comprehensively logged, and non disruptive to the operation.
• Documentum Reporting – Migration Manager for SharePoint includes a powerful reporting and analysis toolset to help define content and file metadata before it is migrated. This supports informed decisions about which content needs migration and how.
• Migration of Permissions – Migration Manager for SharePoint supports user and permission mapping of Documentum permissions to SharePoint permissions.
• Pre-Migration Check – Migration Manager for SharePoint provides a pre-migration check feature to enable users to scan their Documentum environment for Documentum URLs, content object names and content types that may not be compatible with SharePoint. This enables a quick evaluation of the actionable set of items that require modification in Documentum before they are properly translated into SharePoint.
Migration Manager for SharePoint – Documentum Edition supports any flavor of SharePoint 2007 or 2010 as a Documentum migration target. The new product also supports migrations to SharePoint environments on-premises or in the cloud.
Migration Manager for SharePoint – Documentum Edition is available now. For more information, please visit: http://metalogix.com/
About Metalogix Migration Manager for SharePoint
Metalogix Migration Manager for SharePoint is the industry’s de facto standard for upgrading, consolidating, reorganizing or transforming SharePoint and Exchange environments. Using an intuitive copy-and-paste-
Tweet this: @Metalogix Simplifies Migration of EMC #Documentum Content with Migration Manager for #SharePoint--
Follow Metalogix at http://www.twitter.com/
Metalogix is the leading provider of content lifecycle management solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, Exchange, and legacy enterprise content environments. We enable organizations to scale and cost-effectively manage, migrate, store, archive and protect enterprise content whether on-premises or in the cloud. The company is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, privately held, and backed by Insight Venture Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners.
Metalogix, and the Metalogix logo are trademarks of Metalogix Software. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.