News By Tag
* Childhood Obesity
* Size Diversity
* Size Discrimination
* Weight Prejudice
* Children At Risk
* More Tags...
News By Place
NAAFA Introduces Child Advocacy Toolkit
NAAFA’s Child Advocacy Toolkitsm has been designed to create a paradigm shift in how we think about children’s health, to shift the focus from the war on childhood obesity to a health-centered focus embracing children of all sizes.
“This kit is an exciting new venture for NAAFA. It will help anyone and everyone understand how to improve the health of children without doing harm”, states Joanne Ikeda, Nutritionist Emeritus, former Co-Director of the Center for Weight and Health, University of California Berkeley.
This free downloadable resource includes:
• The value of size diversity in children
• Why advocacy is important
• Stories of weight prejudice and size discrimination against children and children at risk scenarios
• The facts about the bullying of children
• Children and body image and promoting body satisfaction in children
• How to help children have healthy weights
• Testimonials from young people
• HAES (Health At Every Size) principles
• Ways to become a HAES advocate, parent or caregiver
• How to implement projects that promote HAES
NAAFA’s Child Advocacy Toolkitsm contains references and resources to help parents, educators and caregivers become advocates. Individuals can access this toolkit on NAAFA’s website at: http://issuu.com/
# # #
Founded in 1969, NAAFA is a non-profit civil rights organization dedicated to ending size discrimination. Our goal is for people of size to be accepted with dignity and equality and will pursue this goal through advocacy, public education, and support.