News By Tag
* Diff Utility
* Compare Utility
* Diff Tool
* Hex Compare
* Hex Editor
* Diff Ftp
* Compare Files
* Compare Folders
* More Tags...
News By Location
DiffVue Software released DiffVue V4.7 a Diff Utility.
DiffVue Software has released DiffVue V4.7, a diff tool, also known as a diff utility for Windows XP/Vista/2003/7, which lets users compare folders/files as well as ftp site's files against the local files by displaying differences visually.
By: DiffVue Software
DiffVue V4.7 contains the following applications:
- DiffVue: main application to compare your local folders and files
- DiffFTP: DiffVue for FTP
- DiffEditor: visual text editor
- DiffSearch: enhanced search utility
- HexCompare: "Hex compare"; utility as well as Hex editor.
- FullVue: viewer for non-text files
DiffSearch and HexCompare were unavailable for the trial version by mistake, and now they is available for the trial version, which means, as of 4.7, DiffVue offers a full-feature trial version. Therefore, those who already use the prior trial version can install the latest DiffVue by clicking "Download Now" from DiffVue main webpage so that they can re-evaluate the product. Note that DiffVue still functions even after the expiration date.
Screenshots for each application are available in DiffVue Software's website http://www.diffvue.com/
The unique features that DiffVue V4.7 comparing to other diff utility software are,
- DiffVue recognizes and displays not only the regular text files but also the binary files such as word-processor, spread sheet, presentation documents or even graphics and CAD files.
- DiffVue offers a PDF file rendition not only from any single file but also from the existing folder(s) so that its bookmark pane looks like a folder tree.
- DiffVue offers a set of localization (L10N) tools. For example, one of them is to detect any mal-formatted or missing resource strings during L10N process. The file extensions of the resource file-format recognized are RC/RC2/RESX/
- DiffFTP compares the users' local files and folders against ones in their FTP server by the file contents, and then transfers files like all commercial FTP software.
- HexCompare displays the contents of any two files side-by-side both in hex and ASCII strings. HexCompare is also a hex editor, so that all standard editing operations, such as, insert, overtype, cut, paste, highlighting selection, etc. can be performed.
The followings are the new features added to v4.7:
- All: Revisited Windows 7 (x86 & x64) UAC handling.
- DiffVue: Added Filtered view, PDF orientation bug fix, Re-designed multi-rename, PDF Output enhancement, Simplified Undo, Drag-n-drop between Windows Explorer and DiffVue
- DiffSearch: Various convenient and simple search options, Highlighting the matched strings, Enhanced regular expression search, Unlocked for Trail version; by mistake, DiffSearch used to be only available to the licensed version.
- DiffEditor: Easier UI, Matching brackets, matching XML tags, Tab-size change, ability to open Unicode text file in case of missing BOM
- DiffFTP (DiffVue for FTP): Enhanced logging Performance
- FullVue: Library change to enhance viewing
- HexCompare (Hex Compare utility / Hex Editor): Provides the Unicode hex conversion tool, Unlocked for Trail version; by mistake, HexCompare used to be only available to the licensed version.
- DiffVue Update: Added an instant update checking, Completely re-designed automatic update mechanism
DiffVue offers free-evaluation copy. Its evaluation period is 30 days. Once the evaluation period expires, it still works as before, except it displays the expiration reminder.
DiffVue Software donates the full free copy to the colleges. People in charge of department of Computer Science at college and interested in distributing DiffVue to the students majoring it can contact DiffVue Software via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
DiffVue Software was found in 2002 based on the multi-states and all developers are working remotely.
DiffVue Software dedicates to develop any diff related software which helps the users maintain their computers easily.