News By Tag
* Diff Utility
* Compare Utility
* Diff Tool
* Hex Compare
* Hex Editor
* Diff Ftp
* Compare Files
* Compare Folders
* More Tags...
News By Place
DiffVue Software released DiffVue V4.6.2 a Diff Utility.
DiffVue Software has recently released DiffVue 4.6.2, a diff tool, aka a diff utility, which lets users compare folders/files as well as ftp site's files. It also has several powerful tools such as Search tool, PDF generation, Hex editor, etc.
DiffVue V4.6.2 contains 7 main applications;
DiffVue - a main application to compare your local folders and files,
DiffFTP - another main application for FTP,
DiffEditor - a visual text editor,
FullVue - a viewer for non-text files,
DiffSearch - an enhanced search utility,
HexCompare - a " Hex compare" utility as well as Hex editor, and
DiffVueUpdate - Automatic Update software
Screenshots for each application are available in DiffVue Software's website http://www.diffvue.com/
The unique features that DiffVue V4.6.2 comparing to other diff utility software are,
- DiffVue recognizes and displays not only the regular text files but also the binary files such as word-processor, spread sheet, presentation documents or even graphics and CAD files.
- DiffVue offers a PDF rendition not only from any single file but also from the existing folder(s) so that its bookmark pane looks like a folder tree.
- DiffVue offers a set of localization (L10N) tools. For example, one of them is to detect any mal-formatted or missing resource strings during L10N process. The file extensions of the resource file-format recognized are RC/RC2/RESX/
- DiffFTP compares the users' local files and folders against the FTP server by the file contents, and then transfers files like all commercial FTP software.
- HexCompare displays the contents of any two files side-by-side both in hex and ASCII strings. HexCompare is also a hex editor, so that all standard editing operations, such as, insert, overtype, cut, paste, highlighting selection, etc. can be performed.
The followings are the new features added to v4.6.2:
- Windows 7 support including UAC handling
- DiffVue: Re-designed multi-rename, PDF Output enhancement, Simplified Undo, Drag-n-drop between Windows Explorer and DiffVue, PDF Output enhancement
- DiffFTP - DiffVue for FTP: Enhanced logging & Performance
- FullVue: Major library upgrade to enhance viewing
- DiffEditor: Tab-size change, Ability to open Unicode text file in case of missing BOM, "Don't wrap EOF" option in Find dialog
- HexCompare: A "Hex Compare" / "Hex Edit" software. It also provides the Unicode hex conversion tool.
- DiffVue Update: Completely re-designed automatic update mechanism
DiffVue offers free-evaluation copy. Its evaluation period is 30 days. Once the evaluation period expires, it still works as before, except it displays the expiration reminder.
DiffVue Software donates the full free copy to the colleges. People in charge of department of Computer Science at college and interested in distributing DiffVue to the students majoring it can contact DiffVue Software via email.
# # #
DiffVue Software was found in 2002 based on the multi-states and all developers are working remotely.
DiffVue Software dedicates to develop any diff related software which helps the users maintain their computers easily.