News By Tag
News By Place
SkateAmerica: Teaches Us How To Choose The Right Skateboarding Shoes
If you are a skater then you must be wondering what are the right dos and donts when buying a skateboard shoes. Always remember that in buying skateboard shoes, brand name should not be your main concern but the overall quality of the shoes instead.
1. Consider buying vulcanized sole skateboarding shoes – when we say vulcanized sole, this means that the rubber part of the sole is not glued on the shoe but vulcanized. Vulcanizing the rubber part of the sole actually means more strength and elasticity than glued soles. Vulcanized rubber shoes also mean great durability and flexibility on your part.
2. A cup sole shoe is better only if it fits correctly – there are also skateboarding shoes that has “cup soles” on it instead of a vulcanized one. These cup soles are pre-molded to specifically fit into the wearer’s part. These types of shoes are only better if it fits correctly, otherwise it will bring great discomfort on your part.
3. Always consider the durability of your skateboarding shoes – aside from its physical beauty, you should bear in mind that durability should be your main priority concern. Great looking shoes may catch more attention on the ramp but how long will it last? Remember that checking the quality of the sole is only one factor that needs to be considered as you need to check other aspects as well like fabric, lace, tongue, inner sole and all other parts of the shoe to consider it as high quality.
4. Consider the comfortability of your toes while wearing the shoes – when buying skateboarding shoes, you need to consider the comfortability of your toes. When fitting the shoes, it is wise to wiggle your toes inside and make sure that there is enough room for it to be moved freely.
5. Buy inexpensive shoes for practice and high quality ones for competition – not just because you have a vulcanized sole skateboarding shoes means you can now expect full durability on the product. Remember that skateboarding shoes may really be durable but that doesn’t mean they are indestructible. If you wanted to save yourself from buying skateboarding shoes over and over again, make sure to purchase a cheap one for practice and good ones for competition purposes. Shoes will eventually wear and tear but then seeing a $120 shoes from wearing means a lot.
The next time you buy skateboarding shoes, always remember these tips and tricks and make sure to buy form reputable and well known stores like http://skateamerica.us/
# # #
SkateAmerica is a leading action sports mail order company focused on providing the highest level of customer service and delivering a wide selection of skate products. We actively seek out the most exclusive and cutting edge brands.
Page Updated Last on: Jul 23, 2010