News By Tag
News By Place
AUGI launches secure file sharing functionality
AUGI announces its newest offering to members—a Web-based private file sharing and collaboration tool. AUGI, in collaboration with drop.io, now provides its members with a place to share files, drawings, models, photos, video, audio and more.
Autodesk User Group International (AUGI) members can use drop.io to privately share their files and collaborate in real time by web, email, phone, mobile, and more.
“Users can take any files and add them to a private, online space called a 'drop' to share via the web and more. The drops do not require any type of account registration and can be password-protected and set to expire after a period of time, so they can share exactly what they want with whomever they want for as long as they want” states Steven Greenwood of drop.io. " This is a lower cost solution vs. FTPs and IT support-dependent sharing options."
“Our members can take advantage of the latest trend in file sharing to exchange their files” says Mark Kiker, president of AUGI. “They get more out of their membership as we expand into new areas”.
As an AUGI-member, you can create unlimited 100mb drops to share files with full SSL security.
• Each drop has a phone number and extension. Call the drop, talk all you want - it is converted to an MP3 and left right in the drop on the fly. Listen to it on the drop, or send it out via email, RSS, MMS, or basically anything else you want.
• Every drop has its own free conference call number automatically assigned to it. The drop's conference call number stays the same, so consider it for long term use as your drop is active.
• Each drop has its own e-mail address. Send a notes or attachments to the drop from a computer, Blackberry, or any e-mail or MMS enabled phone. If you send a file, the text of the e-mail will be posted as a comment on the file. If you send just text, it will be added to the drop as a note.
Go to http://drop.io/
Members also get Discounts on Premium Plans
Members have access to an exclusive discounted premium plans. Along with the free offer, drop.io and AUGI have collaborated on a reduced fee service… drop.io Manager.
drop.io Manager is a simple, professional, and cost-effective way for your business to privately share media and collaborate. It incorporates a full-fledged administration system for overseeing a large group of drops that can be easily customized with your organization's branding and identity.
With drop.io Manager, the drop's administrator creates custom templates which encapsulate all of the options they'd like their various drops to have. This service also features the option to dynamically adjust the capacity and other qualities of its drops on-the-fly. drop.io Manager's focus is providing an easy way for an organization to leverage the rich set of inputs and outputs and all of the other features that make this service simple, private and professional.
These AUGI plans include:
• 5 GB of storage
• 15 managed drops
All for only $7.95 per month ($1.99 / month / additional gig)
• Make drops larger than 100 MB
• Easily manage multiple drops
• View full activity stream across all drops
• Encrypt drops for added security with SSL
• Enable custom branding for groups of drops
For a feature rich version of this press release go to:
# # #
AUGI is one vibrant global community that fosters collaboration to empower members and
enrich knowledge of Autodesk solutions, advancing productivity and effectiveness, at a justifiable cost to the AUGI members.
drop.io is an award-winning service and has been named as one of TIME's top 50 best websites, 2009 and a CNET Webware 100 selection in 2009. Founded in 2007, drop.io powers content sharing for millions of users.