News By Tag
News By Place
Stressed over Xmas? Don't be. More than 1/3 of Individuals have NO idea what they gave last year.
Author and financial author Chad Vimintz gives unique tips on how to avoid Christmas Financial Stress including giving the gift of a financial legacy.
So what’s the answer to avoiding going into debt for the sake of a few forgotten gifts? Every child likes to see a big pile of presents under the tree, and more than a few adults do too, but that said, nobody likes a big credit card bill in January or February either.
“If you don’t want to still be paying for items the following summer you have to look at alternative ways to celebrate, be creative and demonstrate caring.,” says Chad Viminitz, whose book Money Assassins is about reclaiming your financial freedom.
Viminitz, a financial coach and planner, is offering some fabulous tips from his book Money Assassins on how to spend wisely at Christmas and practice the lost art of saving.
• Make a list and have a limit. Think it over a few times. Do you really need to get something for someone you haven’t spoken to in 10 years? Always have a maximum limit for spending
• You may have seen ads for those cool new prepaid Mastercards. Don’t get one for your kids. Credit cards (for many people) are financial doom. Why start your kids down that credit card road to debt?
• In lieu of getting your child everything, think about a financial legacy. Why not give them something they can use later like a high interest savings account? If they add dollars to it over the year then it can be used for a special treat- tickets to a hockey game or video game
• Don’t let advertisers talk down to you- If you like your version of XBOX then don’t let them convince you to buy the new one
• If you’re any good at crafts, why not make gifts? Your family members will appreciate a handmade card a hundred times more than another store bought gift.
• Practice what you preach. If your kids see you spending lavishly at Christmas, they probably will too.
To learn more about how to get your financial freedom back visit www.moneyassassins.com
(1- Affluenza: The All-Consuming Epidemic-2001,2002 John de Graaf, David Wann, Thomas H.Naylor)
To book an interview contact
Rachel Sentes- gal-friday publicity / Rachel.of.sentes@
# # #
gal-friday is a publicist, and freelance writer She works with authors, agents, publishers, businesses and cool arts causes. She is partnered with Brian Wood- a non-fiction literary agent in Vancouver to maximize publicity exposure