News By Tag
* Point Of Sale
* Restaurant Pos
* Restaurant Point Of Sale
* Restaurant Pos System
* Pos Systems
* Restaurant Pos Equipment
* More Tags...
* Restaurant pos
* Point of sale
* More Industries...
News By Place
More benefits awaits you with Point of Sale Systems!
For the longest time, most restaurant owners thought of their POS system as a fancy cash register. Well, let's discuss what are the other benefits you can get from your point of sales systems.
Now technology has evolved and became more advanced it is slowly becoming an essential part in the retail systems, many innovations being developed today are becoming standard features within the POS industry.
1. Wireless Handheld Devices. The newest generation of wireless restaurant hand held POS devices allow your servers greater freedom to take orders as well as collect payment without leaving the customer. Servers can present your daily specials to your customers on the spot, process credit cards from one table to the next, send a quick bread requests to the kitchen, and add walk-ins to the waiting list - right from the handheld device. Your servers can spend more time interacting and keeping your customers happy.
2. “Sticky” Paper Printers. Another one of the newest and most brilliant innovations are the printers that uses "sticky" paper. These printers use paper that is similar to a Post-It that allows you to reposition the receipt over and over again. The paper can be printed to whatever length is needed, then stick to almost any surface where it will stay unless it is removed and, even, placed elsewhere. With printers like these, the paper can stay with the order through the entire order process. The new paper is also liner-free which eliminates the need to manage non-recyclable waste and can be easily removed and restuck to a different surface - again and again. It can be used for all orders, instant and special orders, as bag tags or any combination.
3. Digital Menu Board or Signage. Did you know that your POS system can be used to deliver media rich content, using video, audio and pictures to more customers? There are POS bundles have fully integrated and seamless digital menu board software that allows the creation of content using the same database. Menu pages, titles, menu items and prices can all be twined with high-quality multimedia to give your restaurant menu board that can give both a dramatic and interactive display without having to purchase additional components.
With a digital menu board, you can easily sent to display content from your restaurant's database in real-time, so the menu board continually updates throughout the day!
4. Self-Service Kiosk. Ever thought about getting a customer self-service kiosk for your business' restaurant POS solutions? A self-service kiosk or interactive kiosk, first came to prominence with the photo kiosk machines from Kodak -- from wikipedia. Later on adopted by consumers who combined it with advanced technologies such as touch-screens monitors. This very useful piece of device, a self-service hardware combined with a self-service software, can be used to cut down on labor costs and speed up the ordering process. Aside from that, most POS packages can enhance the customer’s user experience even further, using sound and motion graphics, to engage your customer.
5. Cell Phone Paging. Some restaurants are choosing to take the more modern approach by paging customers' personal cell phones. This can be done by simply taking your guest's cell phone number and inputs it into their cell phone paging system device. And when their table is ready, the paging system calls the cell phone with an automated voice message to notify the guest that he or she may now approach the host or hostess to be seated. This is a very convenient way for guests who want to roam around farther than common pagers will allow and there is no fear of the customer walking away with your pager.
These tips are just the appetizer when is comes to knowing what restaurant POS solutions is best for your business. Watch out for more...
Got a Question?
If you would like to know more about this topic or have a question in mind, you may ask for advice with our Restaurant POS professional serving your area.
The author of this article is the Vice President of Customer Relations at http://www.pos-
# # #
Searching for the best Restaurant POS System Solution for your business?
We're a National network of POS System Solution Experts who offer better value and features than most "Major National Suppliers"!