News By Tag
* Dryer Vent Cleaning
* Dryer Vent Repair
* Dryer Vent Installation
* Metro Detroit
* Dryer Fire
* Dryer Vent
* More Tags...
News By Place
Metro Detroit Family Opens Clean And Green Dryer Vent Experts: Offers Maintainence Tips
Metro Detroit family opens Clean & Green Dryer Vent Experts specializing in dryer vent cleaning, repair, installation, and modification. Clean & Green Dryer Vent Experts service all of southeast Michigan and provide tips for dryer vent maintainence.
By: Clean & Green Dryer Vent Experts
Ron and Tim Reiher are both Certified Dryer Exhaust Technicians through the Chimney Safety Institute of America, CSIA. Tim Reiher recently joined forces with his family after 4 years as the Franchise Support Manager and Corporate Trainer for a national franchise company that launched over 50 dryer vent servicing business throughout the united states.
“I believe that this service provides the community with what it needs right now. We are mainly focusing on two causes here, making homes safe and more efficient.,”
Clean & Green Dryer Vent Experts' services prevent dryer fires, keep dryers functioning properly and provide energy savings through dryer vent cleaning, repair, installation and modification.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, 15,500 dryer fires occur every year. The leading cause to these fires has been cited as lack of maintenance. These fires can easily be prevented through education.
"That's 42 fires caused by dryers every day! In June alone there were two dryer fires reported in the local area. One occurred in Livonia and the other in Westland. The Livonia fire was reported to have caused over $100,000 in damages and the Westland fire resulted in the loss of a beloved pet, " says Reiher.
Another aspect to Clean & Green Experts' services is energy efficiency. Keeping your dryer properly maintained extends the life of your dryer resulting in the reduction of appliances in landfills, reduces energy consumption by up to 50% if you are running two cycles versus one to dry a load of clothes, and reduces the carbon gas output into the atmosphere.
In an effort to make consumers more aware, Chrysler retiree turned entrepreneur Ron Reiher shares these maintenance “tips” to prevent dryer fires and keep dryers running efficiently:
• Check your dryer vent code regulations with your city, state and manufacturer.
• Replace plastic and foil vent systems with semi-rigid or solid metal venting.
• Replace exterior vent cover with a louvered cover to prevent animal and debris obstructions.
• Do not put clothes with flammable materials such as oils, cleaning products, or gasoline into the dryer. If the clothes smell like chemical after a wash, wash them again until the smell is gone or discard them.
• Clean screen lint trays before and after drying a load.
• Wash lint screens with soap and water every few months to remove residue left behind by fabric softeners.
• Remove and clean excess lint from around your dryer.
• Don’t leave the house or go to bed with the dryer running.
• Have dryer vents professionally cleaned and inspected annually.
• Clothes are taking more than one cycle to dry, especially jeans and towels.
• Lint no longer appears on lint screen.
• Dryer repeatedly stops during a cycle.
• Clothes have moldy smell after dry cycle.
• Check for loose lint behind your dryer.
• If can't hear or feel air moving from the vent from the exterior you may have a clogged vent.
“Following these tips and looking out for the warnings signs can prevent serious risks to your safety and help you to maintain an efficient laundry room," says Reiher.
For more information or to schedule an inspection, please call 734-377-4175, or visit www.cleanandgreenexperts.com
Page Updated Last on: Oct 01, 2010