Fire Prevention Week 2010, Clean And Green Dryer Vent Experts Offer Safety Tips

Fire Safety Week is celebrated October 3rd - October 9th. As a service to our community Clean & Green Dryer Vent Experts would like to share some very good information with you.
By: Jonathan Reiher
 
Oct. 1, 2010 - PRLog -- Redford, MI-October 1, 2010-- In 2010, Fire Safety Week is celebrated October 3rd - October 9th.  As a service to our community Clean & Green Dryer Vent Experts would like to share some very good information with you.  http://www.apples4theteacher.com/holidays/fire-safety/when-is-fire-safety-week.html is a link containing some very important fire safety information.  Their safety checklist is as shown:
Carelessness causes most fires in the home. Does your home pass this checklist?
1.   Chimney Fire - can break out when too hot a fire is kindled in the furnace.
2.   Attic Fire - can start when an overheated chimney ignites materials stored in an attic.
3.   Fire Can Blaze Up in Paint Cans - if they are stored in warm basements.
4.   Fire From Hot Ashes - can flare up when they are stored in an improper container.
5.   Fire on a Workbench - can start if a connected soldering iron or wood burning tip is left untended.
6.   Fire in a Closet - can begin when overloaded fuse box ignites clothes or rags.
7.   Fire in Waste Paper - can begin if trash is stored carelessly in a basement.
8.   Fire from Poor Wiring - in an appliance or wall can quickly spread to nearby curtains.
9.   Fire in a Chair - can start when a careless smoker drops hot ashes.
10.   Flashback Fire - starts when cleaning fluid fumes from a sink reach the furnace.
11.   Closet Fires - can start when spontaneous combustion sets rags or mops on fire.
12.   Fire in a Grease pan or Deep Fryer - on a stove can ignite nearby curtains.
13.   Fire in a Wastebasket - can flare up if hot cigarette ashes are emptied into it.
14.   Curtains or Furniture Can be Set Ablaze - by a child playing with matches.
15.   Fire in Bedding - can happen when a careless smoker falls asleep in bed.
Let me ask you all to add one more possible cause of fire to this list - Lint build up inside of your clothes dryer.  Lint build up in the dryer, not in the venting, causes over 15,000 dryer fires across the country per year, but one of the only reasons for lint build up in the dryer is a clogged vent. For that reason, the only way to prevent a dryer fire is to take the time to "De-lint" your dryer at the same time you clean the vent.   Here is your dilemma.  Most Appliance Repair companies will not remove the lint from your dryer and vent.  Also, most dryer vent or HVAC company will not clean the lint from your dryer.  A Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician through the Chimney Safety Institute of America knows better. Make sure when hiring this job done, that you are getting a true professional.
 
Some warning signs of this type of problem include a dryer that is unusually hot to the touch when in operation, longer or even multiple dry cycles, lint on the floor or walls of the laundry room, and even the smell of smoke on occasion.  If you experience any of these signs, call a professional immediately.

For more information regarding dryer vent safety visit www.cleanandgreenexperts.com

# # #

Clean and Green Dryer Vent Experts, LLC is a Michigan based, family owned business. Their services include dryer vent cleaning, repair, installation, and modification. They service all of Southeast Michigan and offer their communities absolute safety, efficiency, and peace of mind.
End
Email:***@cleanandgreenexperts.com Email Verified
Phone:734-377-4175
Tags:Fire Prevention, Fire Prevention Month, Fire Prevention Week, Dryer Fire, Clothes Dryer, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Dryer Vent
Industry:Consumer, Home, Family
Location:Redford - Michigan - United States
Account Email Address Verified     Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse
Page Updated Last on: Oct 01, 2010
Clean and Green Dryer Vent Experts News
Trending
Most Viewed
Daily News



Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share