News By Tag
News By Location
Your Slim Vision Says Make Behavior Changes Your New Year’s Resolution Not Weight Loss
Your Slim Vision Offers New Year’s Tips For Successful Weight Management
“It is always easy to say I want to lose weight for the New Year,” said Beverly Rothstein, President and CEO of Your Slim Vision, LLC. “True weight loss can only be accomplished through behavior changes and that is what Your Slim Vision is all about. We provide the tools to let people have effective changes that they can lose and keep off their unwanted pounds.”
The tips that Your Slim Vision is offering for successful weight management for 2009 are:
· Begin by understanding to lose weight you must use more calories than you take in.
· Eat only when you are hungry. Hunger is the need to eat, appetite is the desire to eat. Ask yourself am I hungry, feeling hunger pangs or do I just want the food, because it gives me good feelings?
· If you enjoy the smell of fresh baked cookies and there is a plate in front of you, right after you have finished a full meal, WAIT! If after 15 minutes you still want the cookies because you are still hungry, take one.
· Start moving. The first step in a new exercise program does not require a marathon. You can start with a moderate walking program and once you start to feel the benefits of getting your body moving, you can add to this.
· Remove all the ‘goodies’ from the house. The holidays are over and you need to rid the house of “trigger” foods. Those are foods that are difficult to eat in moderation. Such as chips, baked goods and candies.
· Spend time with people who are active and supportive of a healthy lifestyle.
· When you go shopping, stick to the outer aisles of the grocery store. The meat, dairy and produce are kept there. All of the goodies are in the center of the store.
· Remember, that small changes are easy to make permanent, so the crazy fad diets that promise to make you lose 20 pounds a week always have the disclaimer, “results not typical”. Sure, they don’t work for most. Moderation and healthy food choices work.
· Finally, don’t set yourself up for failure, use your mind to make wise food selections and allow yourself an occasional “treat”. It takes one day at a time to move forward, but as the days pass , new habits will replace old and you will see the weight drop steadily.
Beverly Rothstein, is the President and CEO of Your Slim Body LLC. Beverly herself has struggled with weight loss until she discovered Neuro Linguistic Programming and lost over 40 pounds. For more information on Beverly and Your Slim Body Products you can visit www.yourslimvision.com.
# # #
Strategic Vision, LLC is a nationally recognized full service public relations firm that provides public rlations, marketing, advertising, graphic web design, and web integration. The agency has three distinct divisions to serve our diverse clientele.