News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
JJ Howard & Associates Share Transition Tips for Military Veterans
JACKSONVILLE, NC – Jaynine Howard, owner of JJ Howard & Associates, reminds you that she and her Dream Team are accepting new clients and ready to help military veterans transition to the civilian workforce.
You have left the military. Now what? These five things need to be on your To-Do List:
1. Register to vote or update your voter registration. If you have changed your home of record, it is time to update your voter registration. Contact your local Board of Elections to learn what is required to vote in your next local election.
2. Visit the DMV and update your driver's license. You will want to take your DD214 to have "Veteran" added to your driver's license. If you are a disabled veteran, your state may have a special license plate for you too. Contact your local DMV to confirm the paperwork required to update your driver's license.
3. If you are unemployed, visit your local Work Force Development or Unemployment Office. Depending on your location, they may have a Veterans Representative.
4. When you receive your VA award letter, you will want to update your federal resume with the appropriate status.
5. You can download her Transition Checklist at https://www.jjhowardandassociates.com/
Jaynine knows from personal experience and from the experience of working with hundreds of veterans the strategies needed to transition from the military to the mainstream successfully.
Founded in 2006, JJ Howard & Associates is a woman-owned and veteran-owned business. JJ Howard & Associates specializes in helping you discover who you were meant to be. Learn more about how Jaynine and her team of career architects can help you by contacting her at 910.539.2810 or by visiting https://www.jjhowardandassociates.com/
Jaynine Howard, USMC (Ret)