SAN RAMON, Calif.
- April 4, 2022
-- Wright Williams & Kelly, Inc. (WWK) (https://wwk.com)
, the global leader in Cloud-based cost and productivity management software and consulting services, announced today that it has released its latest version of Factory Commander®, version 4.0.
Developed with Sandia National Laboratories, Factory Commander® is the most widely used Cost and Resource Evaluation software platform that is applied to any discrete manufacturing or assembly operation. It performs high-level cost analyses of overall factory and individual product costs, manufacturing capacity, and revenues.
Some examples of the new features in version 4.0 include:
Expanded Modeling Capabilities
- Ability to specify more than two production units within a process – The capability now exists for more than two defined production units to be configured within any given process. As many as 5 named units can be defined per process flow. In addition to the starting and ending units, up to three middle or transitory units of production can be defined.
- Added 'Factory Categories' – This allows modeling factory-level operational costs such as Tool Utilities or Facility Operation & Maintenance. This feature also serves as an improved method of modeling expenditures/cash in-flow at the enterprise level and replaces the Enterprise Revenue and Expenditures feature in v3.5 and prior releases.
Editable User Interface (UI)
- Redesigned Top Toolbar – The top toolbar (button bar) has been redesigned to include access to more forms, the option to include caption text in the buttons, the ability to optionally enlarge the image size in the buttons, and the ability to remove items by right clicking over a button the toolbar.
- Redesigned Report Panel – The report panel now includes access to chart output, more options for report output, and the ability to remove items by right clicking over the button in the panel. In addition, the ability to edit the button configuration has been enhanced via a newly re-designed form for editing the report panel.
- Improved Item Configuration for the Top Toolbar and Report Panel – The revised configuration forms allow adding, removing, and sorting of the buttons in the top toolbar and the report panel. These forms now allow drag and drop functionality for editing the buttons/separators appearing in the toolbar or panel.
With more than 4,000 users worldwide, Wright Williams & Kelly, Inc. is the largest privately held operational cost management software and consulting company serving technology-dependent and technology-driven organizations. Its client base includes nearly all of the top 20 semiconductor manufacturers and equipment and materials suppliers as well as leaders in photovoltaics (#PV), solid state lighting/light emitting diodes (#SSL #LED), nanotechnology, micro electro-mechanical systems (#MEMS), thin film record heads, magnetic media, flat panel displays (#FPD), and healthcare.