- Sept. 6, 2021
-- Open Education Global and the University of Nantes have published the full multilingual program for the annual Open Education Global Conference that will take place online from Monday, Sept 27th until Friday, Oct 1st 2021.
This year, the online event puts a spotlight on each of the UNESCO OER Recommendation action areas. Delegates will collectively contribute their experiences, innovative ideas and inspiring proposals that will guide the implementation of the UNESCO's OER Recommendation.
Each day of the conference is dedicated to a different action area of the Recommendation:
- Day 1: Capacity Building provides a spotlight on how the global open education community is currently building the capacity to create, access, re-use, adapt and redistribute OER.
- Day 2: Policy will focus on the ways that the global open education community is developing supportive policy.
- Day 3: Access highlights how the global open education community is generating effective, inclusive and equitable access to quality OER.
- Day 4: Sustainability will look at ways to engage the global open education community to nurture the creation of sustainability models for OER.
- Day 5: International Cooperation will focus on how the open education community can facilitate international cooperation and collaboration to advance the UNESCO OER Recommendation.
Using this structure, a diverse and exciting program for the online conference was created by the program co-chairs, Wayne Homes and Davor Orlic, and a large team of reviewers (https://conference.oeglobal.org/2021/online-conference-re...
) from the global open education community.The full OE Global Online Conference program
)'s structure includes a range of different formats that ensures the participants fully engage with the action areas, including:
- 21 live webinars with 74 presentations across 5 languages
- 33 asynchronous interactive activities across 3 languages
- 13 anytime presentations in English, and
- Social Activities
The online conference will take place on OEG Connect (https://connect.oeglobal.org/)
. The conference area on OEG Connect is being developed to host the full interactive schedule. The platform will also provide every session with a dedicated space featuring the abstract, slides, recordings, and relevant supporting materials. This dedicated space enables links and resources to be added, and comments and on-going discussions to take place.
All sessions will also have rapporteurs, who will prepare summaries of the main findings and trends observed during the sessions in relation to the different UNESCO OER Recommendation Areas. A series of bridging activities are planned for after the conference in the period leading up to the OEGlobal In-Person Congress in Nantes in May 2022.• Registration is open.
2021/registration/)• UNESCO OER Recommendation (http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-URL_ID=49556&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html)