The Truth & Frank B. - BadFellas (Album)
Staten Island & Brooklyn Raise the Bar for Italian-American Hip-Hop
By: BadFellas, Inc.
If their intentions sound grand, it's because The Truth & Frank B. take their art very seriously. They spit true-to-life bars that are equally heavy and vivid, like when Frank raps the following on standout track, "Caruso": "I never wanted to be the guy to say I coulda been, 'cause I know deep down it's that I woulda been/ Look at my sons and wife and think how could I've been?"
Rhymes like those cut deep, but they're effective because that aforementioned "seriousness"
That mentality, that love for the craft is why BadFellas hits you so immediately. And it's only fitting that these two emcees—who hail from Staten Island and Brooklyn, respectively—
Just as they set out to do, The Truth & Frank B. have created an album that's both innately Italian-American and universally engaging. BadFellas is as much a middle-finger to the gimmicks of the past as it is a push toward the future. And the best part of it all is that these two are only just getting started.
01. Lil Mo Mozzarella (Intro)
02. BadFellas (prod. by Gennessee)
03. FU Pay Me (prod. by Kidmal)
04. Paint Houses (feat. Bobby J From Rockaway) [prod. by Max Perry]
05. Funny How? (prod. by Buckroll)
06. Code Red (feat. Cold Sholda) [prod. by Vinny McBeth]
07. Caruso (prod. by Vinny McBeth)
08. My Cousin (prod. by DJ Z The Kingpin)
09. That's It (prod. by DJ Qvali)
Smart URL: https://smarturl.it/