- April 13, 2021
-- In an effort to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Parallel Capital Partners, Inc. has installed state-of-the-
art needlepoint bipolar ionization air sterilization systems at four office complexes in its portfolio: Honolulu's Davies Pacific Center; Urban Towers in Dallas; Shoreline Square in Long Beach, Calif.; and The Ranch at Seal Beach in Seal Beach, Calif. The system has also been installed at Parallel's headquarters at 4105 Sorrento Valley Blvd. in San Diego. Last year, the company was the first to utilize this technology in downtown Phoenix, installing air purification systems in its two Arizona high-rise properties, One North Central and One Arizona Center.
According to Matt Root, CEO and managing partner of Parallel Capital Partners, a commercial real estate investment and operating company, public anxieties about indoor air quality due to coronavirus continue to be a concern – as a result bipolar ionization air purification technology is surging in popularity among commercial property owners and operators. "Independent lab tests reveal that airborne bacteria and viruses were reduced significantly after exposure to bipolar ionization systems, which we believe are one of the safest, most energy efficient and effective ways to keep people safe from pathogens and reduce or eliminate pollutants in the air," he said.
Root said that the new Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) systems – which produce high concentrations of positive and negative ions that travel continuously through the air via existing HVAC systems and attach to harmful pathogens, like bacteria, mold and viruses – have been installed in the central air conditioning systems of:
- Urban Towers, two 22-story buildings spanning more than 850,000 square feet at 222 W. Colinas Blvd., in Irving, Texas
- The 20-story Shoreline Square, a 383,652-square-foot complex at 301 East Ocean Blvd., in Long Beach, Calif.
- The Ranch at Seal Beach comprised of three, four-story buildings encompassing 297,410 square feet at 3010 Old Ranch Parkway
- The 23-story Davies Pacific Center, 375,742 square feet of commercial office and retail space at 841 Bishop Street in downtown Honolulu
- Parallel Capital Partners headquarters, a single story 8,392-square-foot office building at 4105 Sorrento Valley Boulevard in the Sorrento Valley neighborhood of San Diego
"To remain competitive today, office buildings must provide an attractive environment, including connectivity, sustainability and most importantly – as we navigate the pandemic – a healthy and clean atmosphere,"