Stock Market Update: Stocks ended up mixed after posting intraday record highs
Major indices started the market with positive ticks but ended with small declines after reaching intraday record highs this Wednesday afternoon.
Investors are torn and still assessing whether the latest inflation report will have a big effect for the proposed coronavirus aid bill.
Both Nasdaq and S&P500 dropped a bit after it hits record highs in the start of the morning session while the Dow on the other side ended up higher. Treasuries fell while Gold and Silver ended up mixed.
Below are the main movements in the Stock Market after 4:00 p.m. Wednesday;
- S&P500 dropped less than 0.1% to 3,909.90.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose about 0.20% or is higher by 62.57 points to 31,438.90.
- Nasdaq Composite declined quite a bit and is down by 0.25% or 35.16 points lower to 13,972.53.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index loss about 0.2%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index is up with 0.8% changed.
- 10-year Treasury note fell three basis points to 1.126%.
- 30-year Treasury bond dropped to 1.915%.
- Gold is up by 4.42-dollar change or is 0.24% higher to $1,842.25 an ounce.
- Silver is down by less 1usd of is 0.92% lower to $27.03 an ounce.
Bitcoin is also under the investors radar after reaching an all-time-high of more than USD48,000.00 per piece. Possible reason of the pump is Tesla's CEO and founder Elon Musk after posting that the company has invested about 1.5 Billion US dollar in Bitcoin. Crypto Enthusiast are expecting that after this news many other big companies will follow suit.
Below are the 5 main Crypto you may want to check into if you are interested in entering crypto currency market. Current prices are also indicated as of 4:00 p.m.
- Bitcoin (BTC) - $46,359.609
- Ethereum (ETH) - $1,824.669
- Ripple (XRP) - $0.470918
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) - $523.757
- Litecoin (LTC) - $191.886
For more latest news in US Stock Market and Crypto Currency you may also visit us at our website 'Invest Consulting Group Limited' via https://investcgl.com/
Invest Consulting Group Limited