Disruptive Technologies Launches Tiny Wireless Humidity Sensor
After many requests and successful testing and piloting, the humidity sensor is available to the mass market, and ready to scale
Disruptive Technologies (http://www.disruptive-
Stable environmental conditions are critical to maintaining safety and comfort for many commercial and industrial applications. Monitoring relative humidity in the atmosphere help facilities managers lower cost and risk.
The humidity sensors can be used in a variety of settings, including:
• Smart buildings (https://www.disruptive-
• Food transport and storage. Sensors provide information on the condition of perishable goods throughout the cold chain, so they arrive to store shelves in safe, salable conditions. The combination of humidity and temperature sensors ensures that foods are kept in appropriate conditions in warehouses and grocery stores.
• Museums. Sensors help museums and art collections maintain stable environmental conditions as humidity changes due to weather and visitor volume. They reduce the risk of damage to paintings, drawings, prints, mosaics, and sculptures and thus potentially lower insurance costs.
• Industrial IoT. Sensors are easily applied to digitally retrofit legacy equipment and transform it into smart technology. Manufacturing companies can remotely monitor equipment conditions in order to shift from reactive to proactive, predictive maintenance.
In addition to humidity, Disruptive Technologies provides sensors to monitor temperature, water, proximity, and touch. Simplicity, scalability, and robustness of DT's sensors reduce the total cost of ownership and provide an IoT solution built for the future:
• 19 x 19 x 2 mm size, peel and stick, IP68 design
• Battery-driven operation extends sensor maintenance interval to 15 years.
• Patented, end-to-end security scheme from the sensor to the cloud eliminates weak points present in traditional IoT solutions.
• Thousands of sensors can connect through a single Cloud Connector, minimizing installation complexity and allowing future-proof scalability paired with high-end security.
"With our portfolio of sensors, our customers can measure the physical world more quickly and accurately,"
The Disruptive Technologies humidity sensor is available in two variants, one for the European Union and one for the United States.