SmartBear Expands API Design Options for Developers
SwaggerHub for Visual Studio Code extends best-in-class API design to popular Microsoft developer ecosystem
"We have made it our mission to meet development teams where they're at and to provide easy integrations to the ecosystem of tools and environments in which they are already working," said Christian Wright, President and Chief Product Officer of SmartBear. "The API development lifecycle has become such a critical and fast-growing part of software development, and our extension for VS Code is one way we're making it easier to seamlessly match developer preferences and allow them to focus on delivering high quality software faster."
VS Code is a free, lightweight source code editor from Microsoft used for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications. In the Stack Overflow Developer Survey 2019 (https://insights.stackoverflow.com/
SwaggerHub for VS Code is an example of how VS Code can be extended to include new capabilities. Within the VS Code environment, API designers can seamlessly interact with the SwaggerHub platform to create, organize, and document APIs. Key features include:
• View and Navigate definitions from your SwaggerHub Organizations
• Edit and Save API definitions via VS Code to SwaggerHub
• Create new APIs or domains from scratch or using a template
• Delete API definitions by version or the entire definition
• Manage new versions of your API definitions
• Auto mocking to allow for quick API definition testing
• Validate your APIs against the OpenAPI (Swagger) Specification
To learn more about the new SwaggerHub for VS Code extension, attend the upcoming webinar (https://smartbear.com/
SwaggerHub customers can download a copy of SwaggerHub for VS Code at no charge in the Visual Studio Marketplace (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/
For more information on SwaggerHub, visit: https://swagger.io/
All trademarks recognized.