News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Clean n' Handy Principals Further Educate Themselves in CDC's Cleaning and Disinfecting for COVID
Clean n' Handy is a Westchester County, New York based full-service 'green' Commercial Cleaning & Handyman Services company. Clean n' Handy is family owned and operated, with over ten (10) years of experience.
By: Clean n' Handy
"There is pressure to return to our "new normal," says Jillian Ibelli, Co-Owner of Clean n' Handy. "It is a fact that in order for businesses to be operational they need to partake in modifications that will follow governmental health and safety regulations."
"We at Clean n Handy want business's to be successful,"
Disinfecting protocols on commonly used surfaces:
· Most disinfecting wipes can kill up to 99.9% of germs. Never reuse wipes to wipe down multiple surfaces as this can transfer germs. Do not dry the surface after using the disinfectant wipe as the area will need to stay wet for the amount of time listed on the label. This step is important as the contact time is what is required to kill the germs.
· If EPA approved products cannot be found, consider making a bleach solution mix consisting of 1/3 cup of bleach per gallon of water; leave solution on for at least a minute, Make only enough diluted bleach solution to last a 24 hour period, as it may not be effective after that time period. Alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol can also be used for cleaning.
· Set up sanitation stations throughout the facility for staff and guests consisting of hand sanitizer, gloves and antibacterial wipes.
· Display a visible cleaning schedule sheet with employee signatures to verify cleaning has been completed.
· Consider employing an outside cleaning/janitorial company to assist with necessary cleaning measures.
It is up to all of us to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and proper sanitation schedules are key. https://www.cleannhandy.net/