News By Tag
News By Place
6 Things To Consider Before Making Your First Real Estate Investment
It is easy for an investor with no prior real estate experience to get carried away, but keep in mind this investment comes with certain risks.
Things you need to ascertain beforehand, before investing in real estate:
1. Check for Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) registration of the housing project. These are comparatively cheaper housing opportunities. Verify the RERA number and approvals online or through municipal authorities. However, before zeroing down compare monthly maintenance charges, amenities like security, social clubs), electricity supply, water charges, etc.
2. Before you start looking out, establish a budget. Experts say, keep it within your loan re-payment capacity so that you do not hamper your essential needs. Brokers usually persuade new investors to spend more and speculate higher returns, however, keep it within your limits.
3. Have a long-term perspective, while choosing a location. For instance, if your investment is in a residential space, proximity to amenities like bus stops, malls, hospital, schools, should be looked at, as that will either benefit your family or increase your prospects of rental income. However, if you are investing in commercial spaces, proximity to airports, ports, warehouses, etc. will be beneficial.
4. Before you invest in real estate, be clear about what you want to do with the property – earn rental income, own use, or investment re-sale value. Having these points clear will help you judge a property better. Depending on your purposes, you need to calculate return on investment over the short or long-term.
5. For first time home buyers, there are attractive housing loan incentives offered by the government. House owners get interest rate benefits under the PM Awas Yojana. Additionally, there are tax benefits on home loan interest rate under Section 24 and on principal payment under Section 80C along with payments towards registration and stamp duty.
6. Again, compare interest rates and home loan features before deciding on the lender. The PMAY benefits are offered across all major banks. Enquire about the transfer of loan options, as you could transfer your loan if you get a cheaper interest rate at another bank in the future.
Housing Market Group
Phone: +852 5993 6777
Housing Market Group
+852 5993 6777