News By Tag
News By Location
Winter is Coming..so are Icy Windshields!
As the cold temperatures settle in this time of year, here are a few simple ways to prevent winter weather from damaging your windshield.
By: windshield chip repair nj
• Allow time for the defroster to warm up the windshield slowly. Do not pour hot or boiling water onto the glass. The sudden temperature change will crack the windshield glass.
• Replace Old Wiper Blades. Worn out wiper blades often fall apart in the winter, exposing the glass to the metal or plastic clips. Running the wipers in this condition can severely scratch the glass. If you live in a cold climate, try winter wiper blades…they are more durable and are made to handle clearing snow and ice.
• If you park outdoors, leave the wipers in the raised position to prevent them from freezing to the windshield. Never use your wiper blades to remove ice, snow or frost from the windshield; use an ice scraper instead.
• Refrain from using metal spatulas or knives to remove ice. You can scratch or chip the glass of your windshield. Plastic scrapers are reasonably inexpensive compared to glass repairs that will occur from using anything else to remove ice from your windshield.
• You can try a store bought de-icer sprayed on the glass to help prevent issues. Or try pouring vinegar and water into a spray bottle. While the mixture will not melt ice, it can help ice from forming in the first place if you spray your windshield with it the night before.
• Maintaining full washer fluid and switching to winter washer fluid that has anti-fog and ice mix in the solution is recommended.
• Get those chips repaired that you've been putting off since summer. With the integrity of the glass already compromised, the extra scraping can cause the chip to spread into larger cracks. Call American Mobile Glass 800-924-0808 to get those chip repairs (https://www.autoglassnj.com/
Windshield Crack repair nj