Local Theater in Phoenix Accepting Play and Musical Submissions for LGBT Playwright Festival
The new theater is looking for submissions that tell the story of the people of the LGBTQ community by the LGBTQ community. Selected scripts will be presented to the public as staged readings. The staged readings will have a director and cast assigned from our greater Phoenix theater community.
Submission period will be August 1 - December 31, 2019. Entrants will be notified in January 2020 regarding their submission.
Submissions should be emailed to playwrights@
RULES OF ENTRY
• The contest is open to playwrights who identify as LGBTQ and is for new one-act or full-length plays or musicals.
• Plays submitted to the contest must not have been previously published or produced.
• Plays submitted which have had workshop productions or staged readings are eligible and encouraged.
• We are only accepting electronic submissions in Word or PDF format.
• No fee to submit.
• Musicals must send music through a cloud storage service, like Dropbox.
The script must be submitted, along with:
• A statement that the play will not have been published or professionally produced as of June 24, and that it is not under option for publication or professional production nor will it be under such option
• A list of the play's workshop productions, if any, and awards received, if any.
• A title page that includes the playwright's name, playwright's contact details, a brief synopsis of the play, and the character list with any important character details
Plays that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
The long-term goal of Neon Cactus is to grow to become a major force in the local community theater venue, and as a regional theater that serves audiences throughout the Valley and beyond. Neon Cactus Playhouse contributions will be a new, exciting and magical contribution to Phoenician Community Theater.
Neon Cactus mission strives to develop an inclusive environment for artists while creating immersive performances for theatergoers to deepen and enrich the theatrical experience.
Neon Cactus Playhouse