News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Southern Nevada Toastmasters Launch District 115
By: District 115 Toastmasters
The benefits of a Southern Nevada Toastmasters District 115 are
1) Toastmasters International is a worldwide nonprofit education organization dedicated to empowering individuals to become effective communicators and leaders in their communities. Since 1924, over 7 million people have benefited from their involvement in Toastmasters. The highest member designation of Distinguished Toastmaster has been earned by slightly over 100 members locally
2) In 2018, Toastmasters International updated the educational programs to an online Pathways program. The online Pathways program develops over 300 unique competencies in eleven paths. Our Southern Nevada clubs are in the top 25% of adoption rates globally.
3) Southern Nevada has 83 clubs. The clubs are designed to meet the needs of their members. Clubs are defined as a community club, open to anyone; a corporate club is restricted to employees only; restricted membership are for specific groups; and specialty clubs for government, religious, colleges or universities.
4) Approximately 1,700 residents belong to 83 clubs. Clubs and members are increasing daily. According to TI statistics, the Southern Nevada population could easily support up to 200 clubs with over 5,000 members
5) Increasing Toastmaster clubs and members will allow the Southern Nevada Toastmasters to better support our youth population with the highly acclaimed Toastmasters Youth Leadership program used globally.
6) The D115 annual budget dollars stay in our community, instead of going to California.
7) Local district leaders understand our unique business and residential needs of a Southern Nevada 24/7 lifestyle. Our Southern Nevada leaders are better equipped to serve our local members.
8) When all District 115 leaders live in the same geographic region, overnight travel is reduced. This allows more local leaders to develop their leadership skills.
9) The creation of District 115 was groundbreaking for the Toastmasters International organization by offering a different method for creating a new toastmasters district. At the 2018 International Convention, District 115 groundbreaking methods were adopted as global policy for all future new districts, effective immediately.
10) The committee who created the groundbreaking method came together in August 2015 as Champions for a future Southern Nevada District that would support all clubs in providing a positive and supportive learning environment where ALL club members are empowered during their club meetings. The Champions believe strengthening existing clubs and building new clubs adhering to Toastmasters core values of integrity, respect, service, and commitment to excellence would be the best gift to Toastmasters and our Southern Nevada communities.
District 115 website launched on 7/1/2019. The website address is https://d115tm.org/
The first District 115 Toastmasters Leadership Institute for new members and club officers is scheduled for July 13, 2019, at Palo Verde High School. Attendance is restricted to current Toastmaster members.
A common question about Toastmasters clubs is "How do I find the best club?" The answer is - each person is different and the best club for one person may not be the best club for another person. Most clubs allow guests to visit multiple times to determine the best club for them.
To find a Southern Nevada Toastmasters club, go to www.toastmasters.org, click on the "find a club" link at the top of the screen, then type "Las Vegas, Nevada, United States" in search box.
For local information:
Please visit Kay's home club: Chamber Voices, meets on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday each month from 11am to 1pm in the Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce downstairs conference room. Chamber Voices club is the highest ranking Southern Nevada club to achieve Presidents Distinguished award for the last 15 years in a row. President's Distinguished status is the highest honor for a club to receive each year.
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse