PODS® Wisconsin Offers Tips to Prepare Pets for the Big Move
By: PODS Wisconsin
1. Start packing early-Start packing 6-8 weeks before your moving date. Order a PODS container that fits your move and allows you to pack on your schedule. If your new home isn't ready yet, you can store your PODS container at one of our secure storage centers.
2. Prepare your Pets – Whether your moving out of state or just down the street, acclimating your pets by placing them in a crate during meal times will make the drive easier and stress free.
3. Make a to go bag – Prepare a to go bag full of food, treats and their favorite toys to make it easily accessible while on the road.
4. Contact your Vet – If your moving out of town or out of state, make sure to get your pets updated records and any medications from your veterinarian for a smooth transition.
5. Allow your pet to adjust- A new place can be extremely overwhelming to your pet. Gradually introduce them to get used to their new home by allowing them to adjust to one room with food, water and their favorite toys.
"The stress of moving can affect everyone in the family including family pets," says John Hudson, managing partner for PODS Wisconsin. "With a combination of convenience and accessibility, we can help make the transition of moving an easy process for everyone."
About PODS Enterprises, LLC
PODS Wisconsin is a large independently owned franchise of PODS Enterprises, LLC, and is the leading provider of moving and storage services to residents and businesses throughout the greater Wisconsin area.
PODS® offers moving and storage the way you need it done, with unlimited time, space, and control. When PODS pioneered portable storage in 1998, they introduced the world to a brand new, flexible way to move and store. Now an industry leader, PODS currently provides residential and commercial services in 47 U.S. states, Canada, Australia, and the UK. To date, the PODS network has completed more than 900,000 long-distance moves, has nearly 4 million deliveries, and has over 200,000 PODS containers in service. To learn more, visit www.PODS.com.