Skewd Kitchen wins Fine Dining Restaurant 2019 awards
Skewd awarded top gong at the prestigious British Kebab Awards.
By: Skewd Kitchen
The prestigious and popular 7th British Kebab Awards night had taken place at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel to celebrate and recognise growth, popularity and success of the kebab industry in Britain.
Last night's ceremony had attendance of MPs Lords, journalists and celebrities. Over 1200 guests including more than 300 MPs, Lords, Baronesses and Councilors, and 800 businesses and community representatives attended the awards ceremony. The Kebab industry has become a huge contributor to Britain's economic and cultural landscape, and the success of the British Kebab Awards shows just how important the Kebab has become
Mr. Maz Demir Executive Chef of Skewd Kitchen said: "I am delighted to win the Fine Dining Restaurant award for Skewd at the British Kebab Awards. We had previously won the Chef of the Year twice; in 2017 and 2018."
The event - dubbed the 'Kebab Oscars' – was hosted by BBC London Radio presenter Scott Mills and was trending on Twitter. The awards had many restaurateurs and industry leaders from all over the country.
"I would like to thank everybody for their love and support. I have received incredible amount of messages from everybody with their congratulations"
NOTE TO EDITORS:.
· The British Kebab Awards is a ceremony to recognise the efforts of local kebab takeaways and restaurants across the nation. The British Kebab Awards in association with JUST EAT are the first of their kind and they're here for the sixth year running.
· Skewd Kitchen's Executive Chef Maz Demir had previously won the Chef of the Year for the second time; 2017 and 2018, respectively.
· Maz Demir was awarded as the Young Chef of the Year on 2015 and the Restauranteur of the Year on 2014 British Kebab Awards.
· The kebab industry is worth over £2.2 billion to the UK economy and has been an integral part of our culture for decades.
· Skewd's Instagram handle is @SkewdKitchen.
Skewd Kitchen is based in Cockfosters and is a family-owned single chain restaurant. It serves fine Turkish-Mediterranean dining with an avant-garde edge provided by seasonal ingredients. Skewd Kitchen has won numerous awards at the Just Eat sponsored National Turkish Restaurant Ceremony, including Fine Dining, Best Young Chef, Young Restaurateur and OpenTable Diners 'Choice Winner 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016, respectively.