Bloggers can now Include Amazing Maps in Blog Posts, with Free Web Maps for WordPress plug-in
Web Maps for WordPress is the perfect solution to quickly add a locator map to any blog post. Now anyone with a WordPress blog can Quickly and Easily add Dynamic Maps to blog posts.
This from Glenn Letham (@gletham), GEO Jobe CMO, long time tech blogger, writer, and WordPress user -"Web Maps for WordPress is the Perfect solution for bloggers writing about any topic tied to a physical location or business - tourism, foodie, news, magazines, travel and beer bloggers are gonna love this!"
The Web Maps for WordPress plugin integrates the power of "where" into your pages and posts with interactive maps exposing authoritative content. For those wanting even more power from the plug-in, Web Maps for WordPress is designed to bridge the gap between authoritative and community created maps registered with ArcGIS Online and WordPress (the most widely used CMS on the market). Using the plug-in, search public maps available from ArcGIS Online (anyoe can create a free account). All public web maps registered with ArcGIS Online that have a name or contain tags matching your keywords will be returned.
How it Works
While editing pages or posts, you'll notice the addition of an "Add Map" button next to "Add Media". The Add Map button is designed to provide WordPress users with a more streamlined process for embedding web maps in their pages and posts. While very similar to the Add Media button, Add Map puts millions of interactive maps at the fingertips of bloggers.
• Insert a map and select a map style from numerous options
• Set your own custom map position simply by entering an address.
• Additional map controls exposed to the user (scale bar, legend, etc.) are determined on the WordPress side by the map settings.
• Embedded maps are fully interactive, which means that users can zoom in/out and identify features on the map.
• Add a simple Contact us locator map on your contact page
• Include a map that relates to the location of a news story (for example, White House, Washington, DC)
• Add a map sharing the location of a brewery, pub, distillery, winery or restaurant - perfect for foodies, beer bloggers and travel blogs.
Web Maps for WordPress is available in Free or Pro options. Get started right away with the free plug-in by using the "add a new plug-in" option in WordPress. Simply add new plug-in, then search "web maps" or get it directly from the WordPress.org repository at https://wordpress.org/
See more at http://www.geo-
About GEO Jobe
Founded in 1999, GEO Jobe (@geojobegis)
Connect with the GEO Jobe on Twitter & Instagram @geojobegis
GIS Made Simple!
Page Updated Last on: May 02, 2018