MWC 2018: French mobile and telecoms tech out in force in Barcelona
The French Tech Pavilion will be the largest national pavilion at the Mobile World Congress (MWC), with an exhibition space of more than 615sq m.
By: Business France
It is the 12th consecutive year that Business France, the agency responsible for supporting the international development of the French economy, will be organising the French Tech pavilion at MWC.
France has a strong history in all that is mobile. For instance, today 99% of French companies have access to superfast broadband. Furthermore, on 30th June last year, 73.5m sim cards were in use across the Channel (source ARCEP/DGE).
Over 100 start-ups, SMEs, French regions and competitiveness clusters (https://uk.ambafrance.org/
The exhibitors come from across the spectrum of telecoms: mobile apps, telecom infrastructure, mobile marketing and advertising, mobile games and accessories, engineering services and financial services to name a few.
· SAR measurement solution designer aimed at helping clients reduce their development and production costs
· ART-MAN, its flagship product, tests wireless electronic devices in seconds and determines users' level of exposure to electromagnetic waves
· Clients include: mobile phone manufacturers, telecommunication agencies and operators, as well as test laboratories
• develops customised B2B solutions for live stream HD video broadcasting
• Clients include Orange, Carrefour, La Poste, Société Générale and Crédit Agricole
• Raised over €1m in fundraising round in May 2017
• Security and infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrency and blockchain apps
• Continuing to develop a variety of products and services to safeguard cryptocurrency assets for business, including the Ledger hardware wallets line already available in 165 countries
• Founded in 2014, raised $75m in January 2018
REACH FIVE (https://reachfive.co/
• Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) solution
• The solution offers companies the profile analysis tools needed for omnichannel and cross-device customer knowledge to harness the potential of data in implementing customised marketing strategies
• Major brands such as Boulanger, Etam, Allianz, West-France, Intersport, SFR, Engie are already working with Reach Five
• In 2017, ReachFive raised €2m from major industrial groups and investment funds and won the 'start-up of the year' award from the Institut du Commerce Connecté (ICC)
• Predictive artificial intelligence engine for mobile
• Anticipates the needs of smartphone users: no need to search manually
• Ulli, its smart web browser nominated as Mobile Application of the Year 2016 by Product Hunt
• Biggerpan has since launched pilots with mobile phone manufacturers to integrate its predictive engine into the next generations of smartphones
The French exhibitors supported by Business France have caught the eye of major groups such as Huawei, Bharti Airtel, Samsung, Telefonica, ZTE and Etisalat with whom Business France has set up B2B meetings.
For further information and the complete list of French Tech pavilion exhibitors, visit the Business France MWC (http://mwc.businessfrance.fr/)
Fayssal Majid, Head of Tech operations - Digital Technologies Department, Business France
Business France UK
Catherine Ryall, Press Officer
About Business France
Business France is the French agency responsible for supporting the international development of the French economy.
It is responsible for fostering export growth by French businesses as well as promoting and facilitating international investment in France. It promotes the economic image and attractiveness of France, its companies and regions. It runs and develops the V.I.E. international internship program.
For more information, please visit: www.businessfrance.fr