Zapproved Releases Fourth Annual Legal Hold and Data Preservation Benchmark Survey
The industry's most extensive study of preservation practices finds automation an opportunity for process improvement and cost reduction
By: Zapproved, Inc.
Some key findings from the survey:
• When automating the legal hold process, organizations report a range of benefits and on average perform nearly 22 percentage points better in key actions tied to best practices such as issuing reminders, custodian follow-up, and handling departing employees.
• Legal staff is leading the way with 66 percent adoption, ahead of attorneys and records managers.
• 67 percent of respondents consider their organization to be "at low risk" when they automate their legal hold process.
• 85 percent of those organizations who've invested in automation express high confidence in their process (compared to less than 60 percent using manual processes).
• Over 69 percent of respondents say they invest in training to create a "culture of compliance".
• Collections are becoming an in-house function at 56 percent, up 5 percent since 2015.
"The 2016 Legal Hold and Data Preservation Benchmark Survey shows that legal hold and data preservation practices still represent an area for process improvement and an opportunity to lower overall e-discovery costs and burden for many organizations,"
Download the complete report:
About Zapproved Inc.
Founded in 2008 in Portland, Ore., Zapproved Inc. is a pioneer in developing cloud‐based software for corporate legal departments. The Z‐Discovery Platform returns power to in‐house corporate legal teams and helps them navigate electronic discovery with minimal risk and cost, and it sets new standards for scalability and intuitive design - recently achieving processing at the rate of one terabyte per hour. The company's flagship product, Legal Hold Pro, is widely adopted by Fortune 500 and Global 2000 corporations and has earned recognition as the Best E‐Discovery Legal Hold Product at the 2015 and 2016 Legaltech News Innovation Awards, Best of the National Law Journal 2014 - 2016. Zapproved was recognized in the 2014 Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. and was named as a "vendor to watch" in the 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for E‐Discovery.
Director of Corporate Communications