Outdoor Research leading for Fall 2016 with expanded Active Insulation, 3DFit Technology™
OR grows Active Insulation category to a line of 13 pieces, introduces most powerful heated glove system ever.
Key themes for Fall 2016 that show OR’s commitment to innovation and problem solving include: continuing to evolve the performance capabilities of insulated apparel; making backcountry ski clothing more versatile through fabric innovation; challenging existing paradigms on how technical gloves are designed; continuing to set the bar for underlying technical performance in sportswear pieces; and creating completely original fabrications in hats for both function and style.
The following themes drove innovation in the Outdoor Research collection as it developed 86 new and updated styles for Fall 2016:
· Insulation Revolution – Outdoor Research won numerous Gear of the Year, Editors’ Choice and other awards in 2015 for its Active Insulation jackets from Outside Magazine, Backpacker, Men’s Journal and Runner’s World, among others. And OR continues to look forward in the rapidly evolving category of insulation that breathes more effectively. For Fall 2016, it adds five new Active Insulation jackets to yield a comprehensive line of 13 pieces. The Razoredge Hooded Jacket offers breathable insulation with more exterior weather protection than other pieces in the category, while the Centrifuge Jacket pairs hybrid design with strategically placed stretch waterproof panels for higher-intensity activities in inclement conditions.
· Advanced Alpine – For Outdoor Research, going uphill is as important as going downhill when it comes to skiing. The new Skyward Jacket and Pants, geared toward backcountry skiing, employs proprietary AscentShell™
· Sweat the Details – Many companies make great apparel and accessories but making them exceptional means paying attention not just to the big picture, but to all of the finer details as well. The new Perch Belay Parka exemplifies this. It offers detailing unique in the category of synthetic belay parkas, such as layered and staggered insulation panels to prevent cold spots, as well as a down draft tube inside of the hood for a better seal around the face.
· Up for Any Adventure – For people who lead an active lifestyle, an adventure could happen at any point in a given day. That’s why Outdoor Research continues to expand its men’s and women’s Mountain Life technical sportswear collections, where the category mission is offering underlying technical performance – qualities like wicking, quick drying, sun protection, anti-odor, thermal warmth and easy care – in pieces that offer trend-setting style.
· Next-level Heat – Building on a collection of heated gloves that use the category-leading AltiHeat™ system, Outdoor Research offers two new heated gloves, including the most powerful heated glove on the market, the Capstone Glove. The Capstone offers four times more heat and power than any competitor, and the new Oberland Heated Glove puts AltiHeat™ technology in a stylish glove for Mountain Life.
· Fitting in 3D – Pioneering a new approach that improves fit and dexterity in gloves, Outdoor Research unveils 3DFit Technology™ in four models of gloves and mitts for Fall 2016. Rather than relying solely on the traditional approach to designing gloves, 3DFit re-thinks how glove patterns are developed, which, in turn, improves fit, tactility, and comfort.
· Building on Strengths – The Outdoor Industry leader in hats, Outdoor Research continues to capitalize on its strength of pairing function with style for Fall 2016. Examples in the line, featuring 22 new and updated models, include the Camber and Jules beanies, which set a new standard in insulated hats by sandwiching a layer of Primaloft Gold insulation between knit fabrics.
“Whether it’s making insulation and shells breathe better or re-thinking how we design patterns to build gloves, the team at Outdoor Research is always focused on the easy-to-understand goal of making our gear simply work better for our customers,” said Dan Nordstrom, CEO of Outdoor Research. “Countless hours in the field, and in OR’s on-site lab and production facility, went into making sure we hit that standard across a range of different products in our Fall 2016 collection."
Outdoor Research will show its Fall 2016 collection at booth 26015 at the upcoming Outdoor Retailer Show in Salt Lake City, Jan. 7-10.
About Outdoor Research
Outdoor Research® is Designed by Adventure®. We provide Innovation and Inspiration for the Relentless Adventurer. Based in Seattle, Outdoor Research was founded in 1981. We are dedicated to building better outdoor apparel, gloves, hats and an array of other outdoor accessories informed by real-world testing. We develop innovative, functional, bomb-proof products that are beautiful in their simplicity. We strive to provide the best value to our customers, not shareholders. We are committed to our core sports: alpinism, rock and ice climbing, hiking, backpacking, paddling, trail running, and skiing and snowboarding. And we’re having fun along the way.
Dave Simpson, Verde Brand Communications