News By Tag
News By Location
Google Search Algorithm Mobile Flag Changes on April 21st, 2015
Make Sure Your Website is Mobile Friendly to Ensure Mobile Compliance. On April 21st Google will turn on the mobile friendly flag in it's search algorithm. This means if your site isn't Mobile Friendly it may VANISH from Mobile Searches.
By: Jump Up Marketing
That being said, as of early March a top Google executive in their Search Area stated that Google itself is building a completely separate Mobile Search Index. This means if your site isn't Mobile Friendly once they roll that out, it won't be listed in the Mobile Index. Meaning quite simply users searching for your service or product from a mobile device won't see your business or site. This alone could cost businesses millions of dollars. And before that happens, after April 21st, 2015, when Google turns on the Mobile Friendly Flag in their Search Algorithm, if your website isn't Mobile Friendly, it could be penalized significantly and lose traffic visibility, and ultimately cost businesses customers AND revenue. This is real and this is coming. Fast.
As of today businesses have 36 days to make sure their websites are mobile responsive, mobile optimized and mobile friendly. If you don't know if your site is you can check here:
Businesses that don't have a Mobile Friendly website have 3 Options:
1. Wait and do nothing: Although this option isn't really an option because it means that the website will almost certainly be penalized in mobile searches and lose visibility, traffic, and potential customers.
2. Revamp their entire website to be mobile responsive: This is possible, but difficult as time is running out with only 36 days until the Google Algorithm change is scheduled to go live. It can take 6-8 weeks sometimes to create new custom site so this has to happen ASAP if this is the route they choose.
3. Implement a mobile specific version of their website from a good web design agency or marketing firm. There are definitely ways a good firm can get your site and online presence ready to go before the deadline.
The bottom line is businesses have to decide NOW to do something. As business owners out there read these consider the following facts:
1. According to Google and other leading tech companies more consumers will search for businesses, products, and services using their smartphones versus a computer.
2. More than 80% of consumers that land on a non-optimized website from their smart phone will leave the site in 5 seconds orl ess and search for another business. This fact alone costs businesses MILLIONS of dollars of lost sales and profits!
3. 70% of searches that land on a mobile optimized website end up in the searcher taking action or making a purchase in the near future.
Given the fact that more than half of overall web traffic will come from mobile devices, taken with the facts above, the only question to ask is, can I afford to wait?
Jump Up Marketing is a full service online marketing agency whose focus is on ensuring businesses maximize the return on their online investment and maintain peak visibility and brand exposure. To help businesses meet the critical need for mobile friendly sites we are offering a free mobile strategy consultation and discovery meeting to see if your business needs to implement a mobile friendly site ASAP. Additionally, the firm will be taking on a limited number of clients who need mobile optimized sites at a significant discount in order to help other businesses maintain their online presence, visibility, and avoid losing traffic and customers. Their website is here: http://www.jumpupmarketing.com.
Contact them for a free consultation today at 614.686.7294. Don't get lost when Google Search mandates Mobile Friendliness!