News By Tag
News By Place
Advanced Health Coaching and Passion For Health To Hold Public Education Workshop January 24th
By: Advanced Osteopathy
Workshop Focuses on Primary Foods, Nutrition and Medicine
MONTEREY, CA (December 2014) Advanced Health Coaching a subsidiary of Advanced Osteopathy, and Passion for Health will hold its first in a series of workshops open to the public on Saturday, January 24th. Led by Dr. Clarence Nicodemus, an osteopathic physician and Rev. W. Grace Nicodemus a health and life coach – together they are committed to public education in optimal nutrition and raising awareness of how optimal nutrition can result in weight loss and reduced joint pain.
· Saturday, January 24th
· Registration begins at 10:45 a.m.
· Workshop is 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
· Workshop location is 910 Major Sherman Lane Suite 200. Monterey, CA 93940.
· Workshop will focus on Health Coaching which will include Nutrition, Weight Loss, Joint Pain and more.
· Enjoy a fresh blended drink during the morning session as well as a health food cooking demo. The demo will walk attendees through how to make a healthy meal, where to purchase the menu items from, how to cook and then attendees get to enjoy!
· Class will include medical information, nutrition information and suggested food plan. In addition, there will be time to break into small discussion groups and question and answers.
· There will also be a focus by Rev. Grace on discussing primary food. Food is more than what you find on your plate. Healthy relationships, regular physical activity, a fulfilling career and a spiritual practice can fill your soul and satisfy your hunger for life. When primary food is balanced and satiated, your life feeds you, making what you eat secondary. The discussion will include:
o Career: Work is a huge part of our daily routine, yet how many of us really enjoy it? Finding work you love is essential to living a healthy, balanced life.
o Physical Activity: Our bodies thrive on movement, and quickly degenerate without it. Find a routine that can nourish you on a regular basis.
· Instructors Dr. Nic and Rev Grace, and our nutritionist partner Passion For Health
· Upon arrival weight, blood pressure and pulse will be monitored.
· There will be a drawing at the class for a special shopping excursion! In addition, all attendees can bring a favorite family recipe and our nutritionist will show you how to make it healthy!
· The workshop will be limited to 24 attendees.
· Cost is $65 per person. Pre-payment required. Insurance will be billed back (if appropriate)
o Early bird special. Sign up by December 31st and the cost is only $50 per person
· RSVP to Jordyn at 831-644-9614.
· All workshop attendees will receive a folder with handouts, recipes and more!