News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
10 Reasons to Pick a Military Friendly School
By: Lakewood College
1. They have military support on campus. These schools offer leading programs and policies in providing support to enrolled military students and their families.
2. They are accredited. Choosing an accredited school is crucial to ensure your education and credentials give you valid opportunities once you graduate.
3. You’ll get the support from your peers. Many of these schools host student-veteran organizations on campus, helping veterans transition.
4. They’ll take your military training credits. These schools provide the best opportunity to transfer credit for military training and experience
5. You might be able to go somewhere you never thought possible. Yellow Ribbon program schools waive a portion of the tuition that exceeds the amount the Post-9/11 GI Bill covers and the VA matchers the schools contribution-
6. You can pay in-state tuition rates, no matter where you live. Many of these schools offer in-state tuition rates to service members and veterans, regardless of their residency status.
7. If you are deployed, they’ll understand. Most Military Friendly Schools don’t penalize military students who may be called to service.
8. They have flexible attendance and scheduling options. Many Schools offer degree and certificate programs via distance education, or hold evening and weekend courses to help meet the needs of service members and working veterans.
9. They know you’re different. Military Friendly Schools offer support services to older military students and accept spouse and family educational assistance programs.
10. They can help you fill the funding gaps. Military Friendly schools know the GI Bill might not cover everything and offer discounts to help military students minimize out-of-pocket costs.
Lakewood College was selected as a Military Friendly School for the fifth year in a row. See how their benefits match up with your needs.
· Organized, accountable and friendly staff
· Individual Success Coach for guidance and to provide exclusive resources
· Study ANYWHERE! 100% online courses
· Career Preparation with resume and cover letter building. Plus, mock interviews
· Job placement assistance for life
· All fees and e-textbooks included
· 100% tuition assistance for active duty military, veterans, and spouses
G.I. Jobs Magazine