News By Tag
News By Place
Philadelphia‘s own "DAMASCENE" - a true American Force of Nature
Not only is Damascene Pierre Paul the President and CEO of Dom Dada Productions in Philadelphia, has managed a Living Legend vocal Giant, but too owns the Philly Panthers and Labelle Football league.
* Mr. Damascene, please tell us what it was like managing the career for, arguably, one of the greatest Divas in the History of our Planet.
“Respect… thank you, yes, ‘Ms. Pat’ as I call her, is not only a dear and special friend to me but is also an Entertainer and Musician like no other, she ranks with the best there ever was. Knowing her and working for her for 10 years allowed me experiences that very few people on Earth can claim to have had [see Oprah Winfrey Legends Ball - http://www.youtube.com/
* Would you manager her career again if she were to call you, like right now?“
"Yes course I would take her call – I hold nothing but the greatest respect for her and would meet with her tomorrow even, if she needed me.”
* I wanted to ask you about the LaBelle Football league, how cool is that? what does it allow young kids to get involved with ?
“Respect, yes, we bring to the table an opportunity for young talented athletes to participate in developmental professional football league that prepares for college or, the pros, through activities to develop their skills and be a part of something truly special. All in all we specialize in enthusiastic community support/outreach programs, even though we are physically located in Philadelphia we do reach other sister cities and do invite any and all interested athletes to come by, try out, sign up, and become a part of the fun. We are bigger on the west coast. The LCFL West has more teams. It is a great sport. We are also developing little league for the young ones, west oak lane positive youth program in Philadelphia"
* That is fantastic in every way, do the players and participants ever get a chance to actually see, meet (or hear sing) the Legendary Patti LaBelle?
“Ha ha , they have”
* What is next on Sr. Damascene’s list for 2014, and 2015?
"Well, I am working on 2 great reality shows for TV “For the Love of Football” which is based on my own real life Football league, and the equally entertaining “Earth Angel” which is about the Inglewood Black Hawks. I am involved also in the business that provides motorcycle customization, myself and a Mr. Alan Lane are currently working on it."
* Mr. Damascene, these projects sound exciting and new, great old American Football and Music, but how about new voices, have you any great singers in your sights yet?
“Yes, I have recently met the great Chiara Luppi, from Padova, Italy - I think. I have already seen 2 of her recent New York City shows and I can honestly say: she is just incredible! We only spoke a few times but I do very much look forward to the opportunity of managing her future career, am looking in to possible projects for her already,and as I understand she is flying from out of JFK tonight to go back to Italy after having had two notable performances in the Big Apple – if any of your readers get a chance to hear this beautiful young lady sing, they will be amazed and I guarantee it. To me she is very much like a young Tina Marie (whom I have actually met) and British superstar Lisa Stansfield, except with an Italian flair and uncontainable love for people and life. All of Italy must be surely very proud of her, I know I sure am."
* Mr. Damascene, I want to thank you for this interview; it is a true honor to speak with you, Sr.
"I am honored very much myself by this opportunity – and much respect to you Joseph – Thank you".
To contact Sr. Damascene, you can do so via DomDada Inc. (215) 424-5140 http://www.domdada.com/
J-Zak Reporting from New York
Page Updated Last on: Aug 20, 2014