News By Tag
News By Location
Horror Realm’s Spring Convention Events Feature Casting Call and Food Drive
Other events outside the dealer room include games, contests and entertainment
By: Horror Realm
· - Benzidreams FX Studios will be holding auditions for actors and crew for various films, series shows, and music videos along with other entertainment projects. Benzidream is a seven-time award winning Pittsburgh based production house with experience in many aspects of film. Auditions will be held all weekend during convention hours. Visit www.pittsburghfx.com for information about the studio.
· - Horror Realm is teaming with Zombie Squad Pittsburgh to host a food drive at the convention. The goal is to fill the Zombie Response Vehicle with nonperishable items to benefit the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. Everyone who donates an item will be entered in prize drawings. The drive will take place all weekend during convention hours. Zombie Squad educates the public about disaster preparedness using a zombie apocalypse theme. The group hosts disaster relief charity fundraisers, disaster preparation seminars and volunteers its time towards emergency response agencies. Learn more about Zombie Squad at zombiehunters.org.
· - Po’ Folks Cabaret will provide entertainment on Friday evening at 11 PM after the dealer room closes. Po' Folks Cabaret is a traveling side show and band of fire performers, musicians, and carnies. Centered on Pixie and Davi Della Fiamma as well as a revolving cast of interesting friends including mermaids, the troupe plays original music in the vein of French cabaret, world drumming, and a bit of the weird. Admission for the cabaret is free.
-· - The popular audience participation game “The Horror Match Game” hosted by former Pittsburgh cable TV host Mr. Schlock, also returns this spring. The game will be on Saturday at 6 PM. Contestants may sign up at the admissions table until 5 PM.
· - Independent publisher Post Mortem Press of Cincinnati presents a horror movie trivia contest on Saturday at 7 PM. Contestants can test their knowledge of horror movies from the obscure to the obvious. Post Mortem provides an outlet for new and established writers of speculative fiction. Founded in 2010, the press has published more than 80 books. For more information, visit www.postmortem-
· - Saturday night features a Zombie Gras party at 10 PM in PJ’s Grille at the hotel. The party will celebrate the spirit of New Orleans with Duquesne Beer specials, music (provided by The Musik Machine DJ Service) and dancing. A costume contest takes place at 10:30 PM. There will be a $50 cash prize for best New Orleans inspired costume. Contestants should think voodoo priests & priestesses, zombies, AHS Coven, Anne Rice's vampires & witches or get creative with a Mardi Gras themed costume. Admission is free for 18 and older with ID.
Convention hours are Friday 4 PM to 10 PM, Saturday 10 AM to 7 PM and Sunday 11 AM to 5 PM. Tickets are $25 for the weekend, $15 single day (Friday or Saturday) and $10 for Sunday. Tickets may be purchased in advance online at http://www.showclix.com/
Lew Temple and Mark Tierno will no longer be appearing due to professional commitments.
For more information, visit www.horrorrealmcon.com.
About Horror Realm:
Horror Realm, serving the horror community since 2009, produces a spring and fall horror convention each year in Pittsburgh, PA. In addition to the conventions, Horror Realm also produces horror-themed entertainment and charity events in the area, including film screenings, author signings and art shows. Charities supported by Horror Realm have included Scares That Care, Fix The Chapel, Friends of the Hollywood Theater, The Bradley Center, Animal Rescue League, Pittsburgh Action Against Rape, Community Human Services and Shepherd Wellness Community. www.horrorrealmcon.com;