Tackling tension headaches by Dr K K Aggarwal
If you suffer from headaches often, more than once or twice a week, then try the following, said Padma Shri & Dr. B C Roy National Awardee, Dr. K K Aggarwal
If you suffer from headaches often, more than once or twice a week, then try the following, said Padma Shri & Dr. B C Roy National Awardee, Dr. K K Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India and Senior National Vice President, Indian Medical Association.
1. Don’t skip meals.
2. Get enough sleep.
3. Avoid stress and fatigue.
4. Learn physical and relaxation therapies.
5. Apply heating pad to the neck and shoulders to relax the muscles.
6. Exercising the muscles of neck and shoulders by strengthening and stretching them.
7. Relaxation exercises that focus your attention on various parts of your body in order to relax and release tension and stress can also help.
8. Learn Biofeedback relaxation techniques. Learn to recognize when you are becoming tense and then find ways to relax the muscles before they tighten so much that you develop a tension headache.
9. Identify trigger points, at the back of the neck or in the shoulders. Injecting a local anesthetic into these areas may eliminate the pain and prevent headache.
About HCFI : The only National Not for profit NGO, on whose mega community health education events, Govt. of India has released two National Commemorative stamps and one cancellation stamp, and who has conducted one to one training on" Hands only CPR" of 86664 people since 1st November 2012.
The CPR 10 Mantra is – "Within 10 minutes of death, earlier the better; at least for the next 10 minutes, longer the better; compress the centre of the chest of the dead person continuously and effectively with a speed of 10×10 i.e. 100 per minute."
Dr K K Aggarwal