News By Tag
News By Place
Crowd Learning Design – MASIE Center Project at Learning 2013
What if we asked 500 managers to design a new manager development program? “Crowd Learning Design” to be highlighted at Learning 2013.
Elliott Masie, Host and Curator of Learning 2013, is developing a project to experiment with Crowd Learning Design. For example:
* What if we gave a "CROWD" of experienced workers in your organization a challenge to "DESIGN" a totally new learning activity?
* What if we asked 500 managers to collaboratively design a new "manager skills" program?
* What if we went from a few Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to harnessing the "Wisdom of the Crowd" as a design strategy?
Learning 2013 will explore how a crowd of experienced workers might be given the tools to imagine, brainstorm, collaborate, sequence and reimagine how new employees might be trained on a skill or competency.
Crowd Learning Design may provide new models for developing programs that:
• Are More Aligned to Workplace Realities
• Are Shorter and More Focused on Immediate Skills
• Harness Social and Collaborative Learning
• Add an Authentic Employee Engagement Strategy
Crowd Learning Design could be a positively disruptive strategy in corporations, requiring new roles for learning professionals, new learning design models and agile technology for crowd collaboration.
At Learning 2013, there will be dialogues and activities focused on Crowd Learning Design.
Learning 2013 will be held in Orlando, Florida from November 3 to 6, 2013.
Learning 2013 is produced by The Learning CONSORTIUM, a collaborative of 230 global corporations focused on improving workplace learning and training. Hosted and curated by Elliott Masie, Learning 2013 brings together several thousand learning professionals as they focus on the changing nature of workplace education and development. In previous years, keynote speakers have included General Colin Powell, President Bill Clinton, Apolo Ohno, Captain Sully Sullenberger and business authors Marshall Goldsmith, Ken Blanchard and Tom Peters.
Content and online registration at http://www.learning2013.com