News By Tag
News By Place
SSCG to host Uganda SME Development and Investment Conference on 18 July in Kampala, Uganda
Sub-Saharan Consulting Group (SSCG) has announced to host SME development and investment conference in Kampala on the 18 July 2013 at The Grand Imperial Hotel to promote enterprise growth, facilitate investment and job creation opportunities.
By: Sub-Saharan Consulting Group (SSCG)
Hosted by SSCG with the support of the local banks, business associations, Uganda Investment Authority and the Ministry of Trade and Industry, it will bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, business leaders and policy makers to discuss and address key issues that affect investment flow and small business development in Uganda today and proffered solutions. Further, will provide unrivalled networking opportunities for investors, entrepreneurs and professionals with interest in economic, development and business opportunities in Uganda and across the East African community.
The conference will aim to act as a platform to facilitate discussion on mechanisms that will:
- Support the development of SMEs value chains.
- Foster small businesses access to finance and investment.
- Enhance SMEs management capacity development.
- And increase enterprise productivity and market competitiveness.
Sessions will revolve around the theme “Fostering enterprise growth, investment and job creation opportunities"
09:00 - 10:30 - Overview: economic development, private sector policies, government support and enterprise development challenges.
11:00 - 12:30 – Bridging SMEs financial gaps: Investment, access to capital and financial support.
13:30 - 15:00 - Industry competitiveness development:
15:3- - 17:00 - SMEs capacity development:
Speaking on the conference in London, SSCG chief operating officer, Eugene Nizeyimana highlighted that: “ SMEs plays a pivotal role in promoting economic growth, creating employment opportunities and improving people livelihood in Uganda”.
Key confirmed speakers to participate include:
- Hon Amelia Anne Kyambadde, Minister for Trade and Industry
- Mr Everest Kayondo, Chairman, Kampala City Traders Association (KACITA)
- Philip Odera, Managing Director, Stanbic/Standard Bank Uganda
- Hege Hope Wade, Operation Officer, World Bank Uganda
- Olive Z. Kigongo, President, National Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Abdirashid Duale, CEO, Dahabshiil
- Eugene Nizeyimana, Chief Operating Offer, Sub-Saharan Consulting Group (SSCG)
- Mr. B. S. Ramesh Babu, Chairman, Fina Bank
- John Kakungulu Walugembe, Executive Director, Uganda Small Scale Industries Association
- Sebaggala Kigozi, Executive, Uganda Manufacturer’
- Bruno Otto, Head of Operations, UNIDO Uganda
- Abdi Hussein Karim, Managing Director for East Africa, Sub-Saharan Consulting Group (SSCG)
- Mr. Nuha Mwesigwa, Executive Director, Makerere University Private Sector Forum
- Florence Kata, Executive Director, Uganda Export Promotion Board
- Japheth Katto, CEO, Capital Markets Authority
- Dr Maggie Kigozi, CEO, Uganda Investment Authority
- Mr. Issa Mukasa, Director for Investment Promotion, Uganda Investment Authority
- Francis C G Mills - Robertson, Managing Director, Equity Bank
- Fabian Kasi, Managing Director, Centenary Bank
- Mr. Charles Ocici, Executive Director, Enterprise Uganda
- Mr Gideon Badagawa, Executive Director, Private Sector Foundation Uganda
- Habib Kajimu, CEO, Habib Investments Limited
Africa SMEs Forum initiative aim to create a collective platform to facilitate knowledge sharing, know how transfer, as well as build and accelerate public-private partnerships (PPPs) that will reduce enterprise development risks, facilitate market research and development, solve business growth and access to finance challenges in Africa.
For further information and registration, visit www.s-scg.com or to discuss participation, contact:
T: +256 (0) 753117453
Page Updated Last on: May 08, 2013