News By Tag
News By Location
PrescribeWellness Joins Million Hearts® to Save Lives from Preventable Heart Attack and Strokes
Organizations set goal to prevent one million heart attacks and strokes
“Too many men and women in our country are dying from heart disease and stroke,” said Al Babbington, CEO and co-founder of PrescribeWellness. “By raising awareness and helping people take simple steps like appropriate aspirin therapy, blood pressure control, cholesterol management and not smoking – we can all live healthier, more productive lives.”
Million Hearts will support PrescribeWellness’
PrescribeWellness is committed to supporting Million Hearts through the A Million More initiative by:
• Disseminating A Million More campaign kits to participating pharmacies to help them implement patient education campaigns focused on blood pressure screening and control.
• Offering a smoking cessation program for people who want to quit, including daily text messages for the first 30 days.
• Providing an opportunity for patients to meet with pharmacists to discuss the risks of heart disease and evaluate their health history.
• Offering opportunities for patients to improve medication adherence through efforts such as medication reminder programs.
• Providing links from the A Million More website to Million Hearts and Team Up. Pressure Down. resources.
• Encouraging pharmacies to communicate information about the Million Hearts initiative to their patients.
“Our goal with A Million More is to reduce the year-over-year average of the number of heart attacks and strokes by one million. This goal aligns with a Million Hearts’ goal and is one of the reasons we wanted to establish this partnership,”
PrescribeWellness was founded in 2010 with a mission of reducing healthcare costs and improving health in America. The company delivers cloud-based communications and facilitates collaboration of health care providers, family and other stakeholders to improve care and outcomes. Their services include population health, medication adherence, chronic disease management, behavioral change programs and transitional care. For more information, please visit www.prescribewellness.com.
About Million Hearts®
Million Hearts® was launched in September 2011 to prevent one million heart attacks and strokes over the next five years. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services are the co-leaders of Million Hearts™ within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Other participating federal agencies include the National Institutes of Health, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, and the Food and Drug Administration. Key private-sector partners include the American Heart Association and YMCA, among others.
Heart disease and stroke are the first and fourth leading causes of death in the United States, making heart disease responsible for one of every three deaths in the country.
Million Hearts® brings together heart disease and stroke prevention programs, policies, and activities to raise awareness among health care providers, private-sector organizations, policy makers, and consumers about what can be done to prevent heart disease and stroke in our nation, and help Americans live longer, healthier, more productive lives. To learn more about Million Hearts® and to pledge you support, visit http://millionhearts.hhs.gov.