News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
RFID in the Retail Supply Chain: New Report Highlights Benefits of ‘End-To-End’ Systems Approach
New Report Highlights Benefits of ‘End-To-End’ Systems Approach To Deploying Item-Level Inventory Management--ChainLink Research white paper outlines strategies for choosing and implementing an optimized RFID system to drive increased ROI
The complete paper can be downloaded at: http://www.tagsysrfid.com/
The paper unveils some important key findings:
• Why RFID is being adopted in very large volumes by some of the world’s largest and most admired retailers (Walmart, Macy’s, JCPenney, Marks & Spencer, American Apparel, and others)
• How RFID is foundational to many of retailers’ prime initiatives such as omni-channel, increased sales and profitability, lean, brand protection, and customer experience.
• How many retailers who have implemented RFID are focused on the store only and as a result are missing out on substantial operational improvement opportunities throughout the supply chain.
• How suppliers can also realize benefits by using RFID to improve perfect order rates, reduce disputes and chargebacks, and increase inventory accuracy.
• Why solutions that provide an integrated approach (tags, readers, middleware, data store, analytics, DC and store applications, and management tools) dramatically reduce the complexity for end users while providing a single point of accountability.
“This paper documents well the opportunities at hand and solution requirements as TAGSYS helps move the industry to RFID 2.0. As is documented, this requires taking a holistic and systematic approach to delivering more value from the technology. ChainLink has done deeper research on RFID than any other firm and brings an objective and proven viewpoint that affirms this trend,” said Alain Fanet, CEO of TAGSYS. “Anyone using or considering RFID to bring more efficiency and value to their inventory, replenishment, and logistics processes really should read this paper. It provides a clear and actionable strategy for realizing the true potential of item-level RFID systems throughout the supply chain.”
“We are entering a new phase of use and value in RFID after many years of experimentation and missed expectations. This era is defined by a more mature, structured, and practical deployment model, underpinned by more mature technology. Suppliers such as TAGSYS have learned from previous generations of RFID experiences, have innovated their offerings significantly, and are delivering more pragmatic and enlightened solutions to addressing their customers challenges,”
About ChainLink Research
ChainLink Research is the most widely respected supply chain and enterprise research and advisory firm. ChainLink’s team of supply chain leaders has created and transformed some of the world's most innovative and highly admired supply chains. Our research is designed to be forward-looking, thought provoking, and actionable. We are dedicated to helping executives improve business performance and competitiveness through an understanding of real-world implications, obstacles, and results for supply-chain policies, practices, processes, and technologies. For more information:
TAGSYS RFID is transforming the way to connect, communicate and interact with goods. We provide item-level inventory management systems that streamline the supply chain. This enables companies to control pricing strategies, increase sales and improve customer satisfaction. For more than 15 years, TAGSYS has established a proven track record in deploying RFID systems in demanding environments. We have implemented RFID-based systems to more than 500 customers in 40 countries. TAGSYS leads the industry with the largest R&D investment to expand the potential of RFID. More information on TAGSYS can be found at www.tagsysrfid.com (http://www.tagsysrfid.com/