News By Tag
* Accounting Software
* More Tags...
News By Location
Accounting software refresh benefits Mac, iPhone & iPad users
New-look MYOB AccountEdge now offers flexible invoicing, secure Dropbox backup & more
Key updates include integration with the latest iOS devices; retina display optimisation;
CEO Tim Reed says, “AccountEdge is developed especially for our Mac clients to easily manage invoicing, expenses, GST, inventory and payroll on the platform they love.
“It’s optimised for Mac features such as retina display and includes a mobile application to make business life easier for those on the go. One of the great benefits is you can now throw away your log book and track mileage on your iPhone or iPad then sync that back to AccountEdge. What’s more, you can filter expenses by vehicle or employee before adding to your reports and invoices.
“In addition, the latest refresh incorporates more detailed security options to make it easier to control user access, and includes secure offsite backups of your data directly to Dropbox.”
The AccountEdge suite comprises AccountEdge Basic (formerly known as ‘FirstEdge’
In further detail, AccountEdge (Basics, Pro and Network Edition) feature updates include:
· A fresh new look. AccountEdge comes with a refreshed command centre. Not just a cosmetic change, it means you can now easily access frequently used functions with ‘Favourites’
· New Welcome window. The new Welcome window gives you easy access to the Company File Maintenance menu. Now you can restore from a backup and optimise, verify or upgrade files directly from the Welcome window.
· Mileage Tracking. There is now no need for a logbook; track your mileage in AccountEdge while on the move with the free AccountEdge Mobile iOS application.
· Form Improvements. New form fields and templates make it even easier to communicate with your customers.
· Time Billing Rate Levels*. The new Billing Rate Levels feature lets you set and manage custom pricing for all time billing activities, providing the flexibility to create different billing rates for the same activity.
· New Billing Statement Invoice. There is now no need to send monthly customer statements by adding a statement summary to the bottom of every invoice. Speed up customer payments with Aged Debtor details on each invoice.
· Detailed Invoice Statement. The new Detailed Invoice Statement layout lets you summarise your Invoices with description, prices and GST content.
· Backup to Dropbox^. AccountEdge now lets you backup your data directly to Dropbox for secure offsite backups.
AccountEdge Mobile is a free iOS application that enables users to complete basic business transactions such as quotes, orders, and invoices on their iPhone or iPad.
The latest AccountEdge Mobile (http://myob.com.au/
· Retina Display. AccountEdge Mobile is pin sharp on the new iPad and even easier to navigate.
· Mileage Tracking. Track your mileage on your iPhone or iPad and sync back to AccountEdge.
· Custom Transaction Numbering. You now have more control over invoice numbering.
· Logos on Invoices. Customise your invoices by adding your logo.
· Inventory Quantities and Item Invoices*. Now when you’re on the go you can view all your stock and record item-based invoices directly from AccountEdge mobile.
· Create Jobs on the go. Create a new job via on your iPhone or iPad while you’re onsite, adding new customers, quotes and scope of works.
AccountEdge is available via the MYOB website and MYOB partners; subscriptions start at $15.50 per month, and at major computer retailers from RRP$239.
For MYOB information, research results, business tips, discussions, client services and more visit http://myob.com.au/
*Not available in AccountEdge Basic