News By Tag
* Infrared Thermography
* More Industries...
News By Place
HometechNJ wins 1st Place Image Contest in the Mechanical Catagory Irinfo 2013
John Gutierrez from Hometech NJ Inspection Services wins first place in the mechanical catagory thermographic image contest held at ir info 2013 in Orlando, Fl.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Certified Infrared Thermographer John Gutierrez Wins First Prize in Infrared Imaging Contest
North Arlington, New Jersey, January 21, 2013: John Gutierrez, owner of HomeTech NJ Inspection Services, won first place in the Mechanical Category of the Image Contest at the IR INFO 2013 conference in Orlando, Florida, January 2013. Mr. Gutierrez produced the winning infrared image of a clearly defined pipe leak under a concrete slab.
The image was taken in a laundromat where the owners had been noticing the water bill getting progressively higher every month. They first called a plumber to diagnose the problem, and the plumber quoted a price range of $25,000–$30,000 to replace most if not all of the plumbing system. When the laundromat’s owners decided to call a thermographer, Mr. Gutierrez took the image with an infrared camera and showed them exactly where to cut into the concrete and fix the leak. It turned out that the actual leak was nowhere near the location of the water seepage. The owners chose to eliminate the guesswork and take his advice, and the final repair cost was only $500.
Infrared thermography measures surface temperatures to detect moisture under a solid surface, enabling its owner to target repairs much in the same way that a doctor uses medical imaging to determine a surgical entry point. The thermal imaging camera is capable of detecting several other types of structural issues, such as insulation deficiencies, energy loss, roof leaks, concrete floor leaks, concrete block wall installation defects, and overloaded electrical circuits.
The thermography industry has no requirements for continuing education, but Mr. Gutierrez states that he goes out of his way to keep up with the latest developments in the industry simply because he wants to be the best in the business. He was an active participant in the conference and completed several courses offered by some of the top thermographers in the world. His course list included:
· Combining Static and Dynamic Testing: Preventing a Motor Catastrophe. By N.Bethal
· Techniques for Accurate Temperature Measurement By J.Seffrin
· Tips, Tools, and Trends in the Infrared Industry. By Ryan
· NFPA 70 E – What Thermographers need to know. By J.Seffrin
· Mapping the IR Body: Thermography for Humans Sciences. By C Chandler
· Using Ultrasound & IR for metal-Clad Switchgear Inspections. By A. Messer
· The Necessity of Measuring Current when Conducting an Infrared Inspection of Electrical Systems. By My friend W. Swirnow.
· Testify Like an Expert. By R Incollingo
· Safety Thinking Outside the Box: Additional Safety Measures that should be Considered, Identified & Reported during a Thermographic Infrared Survey. By R. Scott
· Applying Infrared Thermography to Marine Surveying…. A Review of 10 years of Case Studies. By J. Allison.
· Power Quality Issues and the Thermogropher. By F. Sinicola
· Infrared Inspections of Insulated Roofs By J. Seffrin
· Breast Thermography 101: What every Imaging Center, doctor and Patient Should Know First. By S. James.
· Electrical Safety & Reliability:
· Can an Infrared Inspection be performed on a Mechanical System with wind Present? By M Griggs
· Thermal Patterns Associated with Walk-on Roof Inspections of Insulated roofs Systems. By J. Brady
· Methodologies of Finding, Analyzing, and Prioritizing Moisture Problems in Roofing Materials Using Infrared Thermal Imaging. BY G. Stockton
Mr. Gutierrez has been a licensed New Jersey home inspector since 2007, a certified infrared inspector since 2011, a certified infrared thermographer since 2012, and a RoofScan IR authorized contractor since 2012. He has also been a certified TankSure inspector since 2007 and an EPA/AHERA accredited asbestos building inspector since 2011.
The IR INFO 2013 (http://www.irinfo.org/
For more information on the Infraspection Institute, please visit infraspection Institute (http://www.infraspection.com/
For more information on John Gutierrez, HomeTech Inspection Services, and their services, please visit http://www.homeinspectorir.com