TRU Staffing Partners Announces Second Annual Scholarship Program Application Process Now Open
Georgetown University, Bryan University, DTI, LIU Post, and Learn About e-Discovery all partner with TRU Staffing Partners to bring much needed training and education to potential job candidates in the legal technology industry
The 2013 program has many different options for applicants - multi-week programs, boot camps, self-study and long-term academic programs, as well as virtual online programs. TRU Staffing Partners will accept applications through its website: www.trustaffingpartners.com.
The following opportunities will be available:
Document Technologies, Inc./LitWorks™:
LitWorks, a DTI company, is a leading provider of comprehensive training programs for litigation support professionals in AmLaw 200 law firms and Fortune 500 corporate legal departments, dedicated to developing and sharing best practices in the litigation support industry through a variety of consulting and training services.
• Six full scholarships in 2013 to attend their Certified Litigation Support Professional program – a four day course.
• Six full scholarships in 2013 to attend their Certified Litigation Support Project Manager program – a three day course.
• Two six month paid internship with DTI as entry-level litigation support analysts selected from the scholarship recipients.
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies Paralegal Program:
The Georgetown University Paralegal Studies Program offers an ABA-approved certificate program and continuing legal education courses designed to help students gain the knowledge and skills required to be leaders in the highly competitive and dynamic legal industry. The offerings in the TRU Staffing Partners Scholarship Program include:
• Two full scholarships to attend the Advanced Litigation & Trial Technology course – a 32 hour course.
• One full scholarship to attend the e-Discovery course – a 32 hour course.
• One full scholarship to attend the Legal Project Management course – a 42 hour course.
• A 20 percent discount on any continuing legal education courses in Litigation Technology/Legal Project Management for anyone who completes a full application but is not selected for a scholarship.
LIU Post Paralegal Studies Program
ABA-approved since 1987, the Paralegal Studies certificate program at LIU Post – a blended classroom/online program that enables students to meet personal and professional responsibilities while fulfilling certificate requirements – is committed to providing the legal and business communities with highly qualified and educationally prepared paralegals. The offerings in the TRU Staffing Partners Scholarship Program include:
• At least one full scholarship to attend a brand new Litigation Support/e-Discovery course – a 35 hour course.
• A 20 percent discount on the Litigation Support/e-Discovery course to anyone who completes a full application, is admitted to LIU Post’s program, but is not selected for a scholarship.
Bryan University offers an online, real-time fully accredited 7 ½ month intensive practical e-discovery project management curriculum taught by a nationally renowned faculty. The program utilizes a comprehensive prepare/collaborate/
• Five partial scholarships to the e-Discovery Project Management Certificate Program – an eight month curriculum.
Learn About e-Discovery
Learn about e-Discovery is a dynamic custom personal coaching and training program designed to aid participants in filling knowledge gaps in their e-discovery and litigation support experience. The offerings in the TRU Staffing Partners Scholarship Program include:
• One 30 hour lesson plan
• One 10 hour lesson plan
• A ten percent discount on Learn About e-Discovery education services to anyone who completes a full application.
In addition, eDiscovery Journal, will select recipients of the scholarship program to document their experience on the eDiscovery Journal blog – http://ediscoveryjournal.com/
“We developed the Scholarship Program in 2012 in an effort to create more qualified talent for our community and give much needed education to aspiring e-discovery professionals by uniting the various training programs under one umbrella. The program was an overwhelming success in 2012, and we are thrilled to see significantly more scholarships and institutions participating in 2013,” stated Jared Coseglia, president of TRU Staffing Partners. “This year we are especially proud to offer an even more diverse array of training and education. This initiative brings a central resource and repository of available education and training for prospective job seekers to “cherry pick” which self-investment will be right for them. Last year we had ten recipients, this year we will have at least 24!”
The application process is open today and will continue through February 15, 2013, with the selection process following shortly after that. The recipients will be notified and announced in late March. More information on this program, submission guidelines, and the application are available at www.trustaffingpartners.com.
If you are a technology company or educational organization that would like to participate in this program, please contact Andrew Brody, COO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About TRU Staffing Partners
TRU Staffing Partners (www.trustaffingpartners.com)