News By Tag
* Social Marketing
* Social Media
* Powerful Analytics
* Powering Global Events
* Social Network
* More Tags...
* Social Advertising
* Social Commerce
* More Industries...
News By Place
Google Vs. Apple Map Wars, and the Winner is Maapit!
Maapit Takes Advantage of Google Vs. Apple Map Wars to Create a Great Experience
How Does Maapit Win in the Google Vs. Apple Map Wars?
As far as Maapit is concerned, our job is to create the best technology to improve or radically revolutionize user and consumer experiences. If it’s not core to Maapit’s operations, we’ll leverage existing technologies but configure to fit Maapit’s needs. As part of Maapit’s social feature, we allow anyone, anywhere in the world to Map their favorite place, we call it putting a business or a cool place, on the Map. www.maapit.com The feature is currently available for use on consumers profile pages, it will come in handy for the business & brand storefronts which launch in 2013
Maapit integrated Google’s Map for this feature, however when the team saw Apple’s 3D rendering map, we said that’s a more intuitive alternative for users. Good thing we didn’t move too fast to use Apple’s version, which would have to be available for public use, and I don’t know if it is, nor have i bothered to check. www.maapit.com/
How Would or Why do Maapit Members use Maps?
• Put their favorite restaurants, museums, locations on the Map for others to enjoy.
• Businesses and brands will use it on their storefronts, coming soon on Maapit.
• Help a friend see where they are, in relation to another location if they are coming to visit
• Finally, we’ve integrated a cool experience into Maapit, it’s up to users and businesses to use it as they wish
• Memorialize the location of a wonderful experience you had for yourself and others to benefit.
As the Map wars continue, between the Google and Apple, it gives everyone else something to spectate on, as the titans clash. As you can see, the title of this write up or the outcome between both tech giants does not matter to Maapit, because Maapit wins either way, no matter the prevailing technology.