Grammar Help for a Nation That Needs It!
Arlene Miller, author of the bestselling The Best Little Grammar Book Ever! has just released her new grammar book, Correct Me If I'm Wrong. This easy-to-use book covers all the common grammar issues in a friendly, alphabetical format.
Here are some of the facts:
● Nearly half of all adult Americans read and write so poorly that they have trouble holding down decent jobs.
● American businesses spend over $3 billion annually training employees to write.
● In a recent national exam only twenty-seven percent of students at both 8th and 12th grade levels were able to write essays that were well developed and organized with proper language and grammar.
While texting has its place, good grammar and writing skills are necessary for writing that cover letter, completing that college application essay, and taking that grammar quiz that is required for a new job.
“In today’s economy and tight job market, it is even more important to put your best foot forward by communicating effectively in both writing and speaking,” says Miller, who is president of bigwords101, a company that publishes grammar books and conducts grammar workshops.
Readers love Arlene Miller’s grammar books because they are easy to use. Says author and New York Times columnist Kemble Scott: “Arlene Miller’s Correct Me If I’m Wrong puts English into plain English, which is no small feat. The book is terrific.”
Several secondary schools and colleges are now using The Best Little Grammar Book Ever, and Correct Me If I’m Wrong is a perfect companion to that book.
There is now no need for anyone to keep making the same old grammar mistakes! Here are just a few of the things you will find in Correct Me If I’ m Wrong:
● A review of grammar, capitalization, and punctuation
● Explanations of commonly confused words
● Writing tips and things to avoid when writing
● A complete index
● All your grammar issues presented alphabetically and easy to use
Arlene Miller has 30 years of combined experience as a newspaper reporter and editor, technical writer and editor, editing manager, freelance book editor, English teacher, speaker, and workshop facilitator. She holds a B.A. in English and Journalism, an M.A. in Humanities, and a teaching credential.
Correct Me If I’m Wrong is now available from online book retailers, Ingram books (for bulk and special orders), Follett and Barnes & Noble (for college sales) and from Website Retail price is $14.00.
For more information contact: Arlene Miller
Page Updated Last on: Nov 21, 2012