STW Releases New Board Support Package for Telematics Controller
STW, a world technology leader in mobile controls, has released a sophisticated new board support package (BSP) for its linux-based telematics controller, the ESX-TC3, providing significant new programming options.
By: STW Technic
This interface, designated the Telematics Application Framework (TAF), offers all the required functions for developing sophisticated telematics applications. With ample application (code) examples and help files, BSP 2.0 is easily mastered and exploited by linux-familiar developers.
Here are the most important new features of BSP version 2.0:
• Improved boot-up time (approx. 6 sec)
• uclibc support
• WLAN support
• Bluetooth data transfer mid-OBEX
• Support for various communications protocols (e.g. ssh, ftp, nfs)
• UBI file system – rapid mounting of the 1GB NAND flash memory
• Telematics Application Framework – TAF (including lib)
• Complete development kit, including tool chain, code examples, help files
• Easy to use update package
The new BSP is available for both the stand-alone telematics unit, ESX-TC3, and the 32 bit controller expansion board, EB07, which provides networking and datalogging capabilities for STW's standard controllers, the ESX-3XL and ESX-3XM. The new BSP is part of STW's continuing efforts to integrate control, networking, teleservice and data functions across its mobile controllers.
# # #
STW is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and implementation of mobile electronics and control solutions. STW has a full spectrum of freely programmable controllers, I/O modules and pressure sensors.