News By Tag
* Health At Every Size
* Mental Health
* Public Health
* Obesity Epidemic
* More Tags...
News By Location
NAAFA Announces 2nd Health At Every Size® Summit
In keeping with NAAFA’s ongoing commitment to eliminate size discrimination and in response to inquiries focused on health concerns, NAAFA is sponsoring our second Health At Every Size® Summit promoting Equality At Every Size(SM) with HAES.
The NAAFA HAES Summit Objectives are:
• To bridge Health At Every Size (HAES) work that supports NAAFA’s civil rights efforts
• To provide a supportive venue to bring together various individuals across disciplines to present and discuss their work and latest findings.
• To award a scholarship to a promising undergraduate or graduate student whose studies and research are focused on or embodies the HAES tenets.
The Summit content will include:
• Engaging keynote speaker
• Panel Sessions on cutting edge topics from experts
• Networking Opportunities
• Evening Reception with a Poster Session and Idea Marketplace
For details on:
• Summit Registration,
• Hotel Reservations and Information,
• 2012 NAAFA HAES Scholarship
• Volunteer ibtas Opportunities
Founded in 1969, NAAFA is a non-profit human rights organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for fat people. NAAFA works to eliminate discrimination based on body size and provide fat people with the tools for self-empowerment through public education, advocacy, and member support.
On the web: http://www.naafa.org
For more information contact:
Peggy Howell, Public Relations Director, NAAFA
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org phone:
# # #
Founded in 1969, NAAFA is a non-profit civil rights organization dedicated to ending size discrimination. Our goal is for people of size to be accepted with dignity and equality and will pursue this goal through advocacy, public education, and support.